What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! General » My Christmas List for Messenger Plus (Messenger 7) - Long one!

My Christmas List for Messenger Plus (Messenger 7) - Long one!
Author: Message:
boonebytes

39 / Male / –
O.P. Shocked  My Christmas List for Messenger Plus (Messenger 7) - Long one!
Hey, I know Patchou is busy, but if he gets bored (:P), I would like to see the following features in Messenger Plus, which integrate into Messenger 7

1. A feature to turn off the SEARCH bar, and the Add Contact buttons above the banner on the main window.  Messenger 6.2 had an option to remove Add Contact, but I can''t see it in Messenger 7.  As for the search bar, I don't understand why I would use a search bar in MSN Messenger when I got one in Maxthon, Internet Explorer, and at my favourite search engine's site.
2. An option to turn off NUDGE!  I haven't talked to anyone online with Messenger 7 yet, but from what I hear, that little nudge can be quite annoying (someone once said "Stop nudging, or I'll block you!")  So, if you can disable it, or block it on certain contacts, that would be cool!
3. If it's possible, change the Format bar in the chat window so it can be "Icons Only"  All of the icons there are different, anyway.
4. Change "Auto Accept" to be more specific.  ie. "Auto Accept these options:" with checkboxes for each option.  An idea of how to fit it into the GUI would be making a CUSTOM option in the current combo box, and adding a "Custom..." button next to the "Filter Contacts" button.
5. If someone sends you a /ping, you send a pong.  Then, on their list, they see you have Messenger Plus.  How about setting it so they have Plus on your list, as well?  Confused?  Ok.... Say I sent you a /ping... you ponged.  I see you have Messenger Plus under Contact Info.  But, your list doesn't say I have Messenger Plus.  Can you set it so your list says I have Messenger Plus in this case, too?

Sorry if some of these have already been mentioned, but these are ones that I would like to see.  As for the advertisment banner, that I read so much about, I have learned to ignore it (I think it started crashing in my last version of Messenger or Plus), and I think it might be a pain if someone from the MSN Messenger team came after you for disabling their banner.  As for your sponsor program, I noticed it's being integrated nicely into your install, esp. after you added the image of it to the top of the screen.  I love telling my friends to install Plus, but they don't always like the sponsor program.  I constantly have to watch them when they install it to make sure they know what they're doing when they say "I Agree".  A suggestion, add some Terms and Agreements, before the Sponsor terms page.  That way, people raise an eyebrow when they have to say "I Accept" twice.

A few questions about some new options, too... (for anyone to answer) What's the Numberical Statistical data that you would like us to send you (as in the options dialog)  Again, this might have been answered before, but I would just like to see...  I'd ask you about MSN's Customer Improvement service, but you're not from MSN.  Also, under Prefs, Contact List, General Options, what's the checkbox with no name on it?  It's got a BETA note under it, but nothing to say what it is (but it is checked)

Some Messenger 7 questions in general, not related to Plus... What's the big empty space on the contact card, below someone's nickname?  Is that meant for a nickname?  Can it be used for a description, tagline, etc?  Can Patchou add a feature to modify that so it reads "Has Messenger Plus" or something?  Will I ever shut up and leave everyone alone?  As for that last question, probably not.

Anywho, thanks for your time, and thanks for reading!
Boonebytes

I am not suffering from insanity, I'm enjoying every moment of it.
12-07-2004 11:06 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Chrono
forum admin

;o

39 / Male / Flag
RE: My Christmas List for Messenger Plus (Messenger 7) - Long one!
quote:
Originally posted by boonebytes
1. A feature to turn off the SEARCH bar, and the Add Contact buttons above the banner on the main window.  Messenger 6.2 had an option to remove Add Contact, but I can''t see it in Messenger 7.  As for the search bar, I don't understand why I would use a search bar in MSN Messenger when I got one in Maxthon, Internet Explorer, and at my favourite search engine's site.

Read this:
http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=35201

quote:
2. An option to turn off NUDGE!  I haven't talked to anyone online with Messenger 7 yet, but from what I hear, that little nudge can be quite annoying (someone once said "Stop nudging, or I'll block you!")  So, if you can disable it, or block it on certain contacts, that would be cool!

u can do that already in MSN. go to tools>options> messages and disable "allow others to send me nudges".

quote:
3. If it's possible, change the Format bar in the chat window so it can be "Icons Only"  All of the icons there are different, anyway.

i dont think that will be possible. its a good idea though.

quote:
add some Terms and Agreements, before the Sponsor terms page.  That way, people raise an eyebrow when they have to say "I Accept" twice.
i personally dont like the idea :P

quote:
A few questions about some new options, too... (for anyone to answer) What's the Numberical Statistical data that you would like us to send you (as in the options dialog) 
statistics of which fertures have u used, so patchou can know what are the most used features.

quote:
Also, under Prefs, Contact List, General Options, what's the checkbox with no name on it?  It's got a BETA note under it, but nothing to say what it is (but it is checked)
Doh! i think patchou removed the text by accident :lol:. its to allow the use of format tags in ur contact list (so if a contact has a colred nick, u will see it colored. if u disable the option, u will se the code of the color instead.

EDITED: fixed the dodgy quotes :P

This post was edited on 12-07-2004 at 11:28 PM by Chrono.
[Image: wdz_discrate.png]
12-07-2004 11:26 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
boonebytes

39 / Male / –
O.P. RE: RE: My Christmas List for Messenger Plus (Messenger 7) - Long one!
quote:
Originally posted by Chrono
quote:

Read this:
http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=35201

I don't fully understand this link, unless MSN is using the search bar for advertising (ie. collecting info on what people who use MSN like, so the advertising banner can be more specific).  As for the "Add Contact" option, that doesn't seem to be the least useful to the MSN staff, and there should be some way of removing it.  Perhaps a beef to pick with MSN...

quote:
quote:

u can do that already in MSN. go to tools>options> messages and disable "allow others to send me nudges".

Whoops, my bad.

quote:

quote:
add some Terms and Agreements, before the Sponsor terms page.  That way, people raise an eyebrow when they have to say "I Accept" twice.
i personally dont like the idea :P

Yea, I can understand not liking the idea.  And, please, nobody take this the wrong way, but I know several people who will NOT install Plus for the sole reason of the sponsor program, and they are too stupid to realize they are installing it.  Even if the Terms page said "I understand that the next page will ask me to install a sponsor program"  It'll still be better than having it there, and everyone confusing it for the regular terms of any other program (ie. Office, Windows, WordPerfect, etc.)

quote:
quote:
A few questions about some new options, too... (for anyone to answer) What's the Numberical Statistical data that you would like us to send you (as in the options dialog) 
statistics of which fertures have u used, so patchou can know what are the most used features.

I see... so maybe I should turn that feature on.  Maybe then Patchou can work harder on the features I like (depending that others like them as well)

quote:
quote:
Also, under Prefs, Contact List, General Options, what's the checkbox with no name on it?  It's got a BETA note under it, but nothing to say what it is (but it is checked)
Doh! i think patchou removed the text by accident :lol:. its to allow the use of format tags in ur contact list (so if a contact has a colred nick, u will see it colored. if u disable the option, u will se the code of the color instead.

lol!  I figured something like that.  Being a simple VB.NET/VB6 developer (on the side, not by trade), I can notice how that happens! I thought something like that by the image to its left.

Well, thanks for your help and quick reply, Chrono.  You've offered some good insight.  I can't wait for Messenger Plus and Messenger 7 to come out of beta, even though I don't notice many obvious bugs.
Boonebytes

I am not suffering from insanity, I'm enjoying every moment of it.
12-07-2004 11:53 PM
toddy
Veteran Member

kcus uoy

– / Male / Flag
quote:
I see... so maybe I should turn that feature on.

its turned on be default (i think)

This post was edited on 12-08-2004 at 12:26 AM by toddy.
12-08-2004 12:25 AM
Derwan

51 / Male / –
quote:
5. If someone sends you a /ping, you send a pong.  Then, on their list, they see you have Messenger Plus.  How about setting it so they have Plus on your list, as well?  Confused?  Ok.... Say I sent you a /ping... you ponged.  I see you have Messenger Plus under Contact Info.  But, your list doesn't say I have Messenger Plus.  Can you set it so your list says I have Messenger Plus in this case, too?

This seems logical and a good idea.
12-08-2004 05:08 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
understated

34 / Male / –
what about just playing the nudge sound... not shaking the window
12-16-2004 11:22 PM
speedy_kevin

SpeedyMSN creator

RE: RE: My Christmas List for Messenger Plus (Messenger 7) - Long one!
quote:
Originally posted by understated
what about just playing the nudge sound... not shaking the window

Get SpeedyMSN www.speedymessenger.net
or use the mess patch.

SpeedyMSN also has the search bar removed, and with the mess patch you can also get rid of the Add Contact button
12-18-2004 04:06 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Millenium_edition
Veteran Member

quote:
doesn't seem logical, because anyone can ping you, even if they don't have plus... ponging is more annoying if you don't have it.
quote:
with reshacker everything is possible I think :)
12-18-2004 06:09 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: