What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » want your help with an eager expression.(something wrong with my Ple password)

want your help with an eager expression.(something wrong with my Ple password)
Author: Message:
xuemeili

O.P. Undecided  want your help with an eager expression.(something wrong with my Ple password)
I encrypted my Chat log using Messenger Plus several months ago,but recently I find sorry I forgot the password when I want to open this log.the  log is very important to me,can anybody especially the owner of Messenger Plus software help me? thank you.[color=red][/color][color=blue]
12-09-2004 03:08 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
marissa
Veteran Member

ahaha

34 / Female / –
RE: want your help with an eager expression.(something wrong with my Ple password)
If you have been using a version before version 3.20.100 (released 19/09/2004) then you have no luck in getting them back, sorry. :cry: In 3.20.100 the problem was fixed and it has been in the latest versions up to the public BETA 3.40.112.

quote:
The encryption password problem has finally been fixed! your password will never changed by itself again if you use the "remember my password" option. If you're upgrading, Messenger Plus! will ask you again for your password to make sure the correct one is stored.
Taken from the change log at http://msgplus.net/changelog.php.
12-09-2004 03:40 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
xuemeili

O.P. RE: want your help with an eager expression.(something wrong with my Ple password)
sorry,but my problem is that I forgot my password of PLE files.
Once,my computer was attacked by virus,so I copied my chat log to another computer ,then I format my HD and reinstall my OS (windows 2000 professional) and Messenger Plus. I did not know how many version the previously Messenger Plus is ,but Currently ,my Messenger Plus 's version is 3.40.109.
can I open this encrypted files without password,and what can I do for this matter?  thank you.

something I must mention is the chat log is very important to me, I am very eager to open it in currently situation.
12-09-2004 07:30 AM
Patchou
Messenger Plus! Creator

43 / Male / Flag
RE: want your help with an eager expression.(something wrong with my Ple password)
I'm very sorry to be the one to tell you this xuemeili but there is absolutely no way to recover a lost logging password (not even I can do it). That's the whole point of encrypting your logs: you need a password to read them.

Sorry,
Patchou
[Image: signature2.gif]
12-09-2004 07:46 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
xuemeili

O.P. RE: want your help with an eager expression.(something wrong with my Ple password)
Thank you Patchou,I know it is extreme difficulty to open an encryted file without its password.but this chat log contains some of my important contents I need,so can you tell me something about the arithmetic of Messenger Plus's encryption function?
12-09-2004 08:36 AM
kangie

falling...

38 / Female / –
xuemeili, listen to patchou... :) the whole point of encrypted passwords, is so no-one can get them, or crack them.... if you cant remember it, then theres no way of opening it :P
[Image: sig.jpg]
12-09-2004 04:04 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
xuemeili

I see,thank you.
12-10-2004 02:06 AM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: