What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » Mass Email

Mass Email
Author: Message:
aberdeen

O.P. Mass Email
Is there an easy way of sending the same email to all of the contacts on your list?

I would like this feature to enable me to send my xmas cards.

Thanks
12-10-2004 08:38 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Anubis
Elite Member

33 / Male / Flag
RE: Mass Email
If your e-mail account is set up in an e-mail client and you have all your contacts in that at once, as I believe outlook express does, you can open your address book and select all contacts (select one and press ctrl+a) then hit return and a mass e-mail will open ready to send to all your contacts. If you are unsure how to do any of these steps feel free to ask and I will elaborate...
[Image: anubis5hq.png]
12-10-2004 08:47 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Sunshine
Elite Member

– / Female / Flag
In hotmail you simply go to your hotmailaccount and click the "contacts" tab, there you select all the contacts you'd like to send a christmascard to and click on the "send mail" button. Now a new message screen will appear with all contacts in the "to" field.

If you do that please keep in mind not all your contacts may like their e-mailaddy visible to other ppl you send your card to, so i suggest moving them to the "Bcc" field. You can do that with cut and paste. There must be atleast one contact in the "to" field (all ppl you send the card to will see that one).  If you don't want to give out anyones e-mailaddy you could put in another one of your own e-mailadresses in the "to" field, this way only your own is shown (you'll receive exactly the same as your contacts will..and you'll see none of the other e-mailadresses are shown) ;)
[Image: 25dr3o9]
12-11-2004 12:12 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
aberdeen

O.P. RE: Mass Email
Thanks but its not quite what im after because i dont have a hotmail address. And in outlook you have to add all of the contacts first which will be quite a time consuming process.

I was hoping for a button in MSN that just allowed you to send email to them all.
12-11-2004 12:48 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
chris
Veteran Member

35 / Male / –
I have done this before and the only way i figured to do was to save my contact list and then open it with word pad and use the find and replace to replace the"<Contact>" with "" and then delete anything else then copy and past the into the "To:" feild of an email. take a couple minutes to get it right but its pretty easy and it done the job
12-11-2004 03:29 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Purity
Veteran Member

AngelFuck

34 / Female / –
quote:
Is there an easy way of sending the same email to all of the contacts on your list?

I would like this feature to enable me to send my xmas cards.

Thanks
Umm...I can recall a program called 'Bulk Emailer' (ROTFL) and it was used for companies or spam or something along those lines...and the only bad point about it is that you have to add all the contacts yourself.:dodgy:

This post was edited on 12-14-2004 at 02:08 PM by Purity.
[Image: puritysig8.jpg/]
www.purity.toastednet.org
12-14-2004 02:07 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: