What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » Contact Card and MSN Spaces

Contact Card and MSN Spaces
Author: Message:
mad_onion

Windows Vista Rules!

35 / Male / –
O.P. Huh?  Contact Card and MSN Spaces
i have a problem with the contact card. i installed MSN Messenger 7 and then set up a MSN Spaces account. on the contact card it then showed info about my space such as latest blog. i then realised that i wanted to change the URL for my space and so closed my old one and set up a new one. now when i go the contact card it says "We can't get to this space right now. Please try again later". :(
it seems to think i am still using the old spaces account. is there anyway to clear all info or something like that.
any help will be great
PS: i know this is mostly my fault for downloading beta software and expecting it to work. also i realise that i have done something in an order that is quite unexpected and so is unlikely to have been tested beforehand.
[Image: vistasig9ys.jpg]
12-13-2004 05:15 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
RaceProUK
Elite Member

39 / Male / Flag
RE: Contact Card and MSN Spaces
I can't see any solution other than waiting and seeing if it starts working. If not, e-mail MSN tech-support.
[Image: spartaafk.png]
12-14-2004 09:42 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
John Anderton
Elite Member

37 / Male / Flag
Hey Mad_Onion,
I Tried Msn Spaces And It Works Fine And Gives 10 Mb Storage Space. Newayz Go To Your Old Space Colse It And Sign Out Completely. Then Onpen Up Msn Spaces And Make A New Account. This Should Work But If It Doesn't Then Try A New Name For Your Site Cause That Name Must Be Takes By SomeOne Or Reserved Or Something!!!
[

KarunAB.com
]

[img]http://gamercards.exophase.com/459422.png[
/img]
12-14-2004 01:28 PM
Ash_

35 / Male / –
RE: RE: Contact Card and MSN Spaces
quote:
Originally posted by John Anderton
Hey Mad_Onion,
I Tried Msn Spaces And It Works Fine And Gives 10 Mb Storage Space. Newayz Go To Your Old Space Colse It And Sign Out Completely. Then Onpen Up Msn Spaces And Make A New Account. This Should Work But If It Doesn't Then Try A New Name For Your Site Cause That Name Must Be Takes By SomeOne Or Reserved Or Something!!!

err, he's already done this. he said he closed the old one down and set-up a new one.

and to your qeustion mad_onion, does it have like a "Modify My Space" or anything. i don't have one setup. but on my contact card it has "Get Your Own Space". maybe in options or on the .net sign-in place theres a link to change/update your space.

This post was edited on 12-14-2004 at 01:39 PM by Ash_.
[Image: jeansiger5.jpg]
12-14-2004 01:34 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
mad_onion

Windows Vista Rules!

35 / Male / –
O.P. RE: Contact Card and MSN Spaces
thanks for the replies
when i open my contact card it displays the message in my first post about it not being avaliable (i assume this is because it is looking to the old space)
there are two other buttons one to go the space when you click it you get this message "This space is temporarily unavailable. Please try again later."
and the other button is an add blog button which seems to work fine becuase it brings me to my new account and a can write a blog.
my passport or messenger i dont know which seems to think i am using the old account i dont know what to do.
[Image: vistasig9ys.jpg]
12-14-2004 05:03 PM
RaceProUK
Elite Member

39 / Male / Flag
E-mail MSN Tech Support and tell them you've changed your Space.
[Image: spartaafk.png]
12-16-2004 10:31 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: