What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! General » Pay by sms? Good or bad?

Poll: Would you pay by SMS?
Yes
No
[Show Results | Edit Poll]
Pay by sms? Good or bad?
Author: Message:
linx05

Charlie!!!

38 / Other / Flag
O.P. Pay by sms? Good or bad?
I know heaps of people continue to argue that the sponsor is a bad thing. I, wouldn't install it for any reason. I just don't like the idea. But that's just me. However I would still like to give money to Patchou for all his work. My parents wouldn't dream of giving me their credit card so I could send money to someone over the net. So what about this:

TheBlasphemer is considering having people send an sms to pay for his plugin. I reckon that is a great idea! It would be so much easier. I would gladly send money Patchous' way if I were given that option. What does everybody think?
For news on anything Tremors, visit Tremors News
End Darko
My blog about my film

Scripts I want to get made:
Taskbar icon to change when contact is typing
12-26-2004 11:58 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
user27089
Disabled Account

RE: Pay by sms? Good or bad?
I like the idea as long as it is safe and stuff :):).. I've never done it before, but it would be a good way, and even if not many people did it very often, then at least he would still get the odd $5 every now and then or something!!! Nice idea, you have my vote :).
12-26-2004 01:10 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Pipish

not really active anymore.

31 / Male / Flag
Yer sounds good not quite sure how it would work but i would do it if it were an option :)
[Image: fcliverpoolfan2xo.gif]
[Image: roosters4yg.jpg]
12-27-2004 07:07 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Fergy

36 / Male / Flag
would it work in countries outside america/canada?
I should change my sig ay?
12-27-2004 01:09 PM
user27089
Disabled Account

quote:
Originally posted by Fergy
would it work in countries outside america/canada?

of course it would, you can send sms anywhere, I'm not sure if there is an extra charge though because its abroad.
12-27-2004 01:17 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Vazza

– / Female / –
quote:
Originally posted by traxor

of course it would, you can send sms anywhere, I'm not sure if there is an extra charge though because its abroad.

Not necesserily true. You'd need to check that your service provider for your phone allowed it. As for an extra charge, it can be more expensive sending texts country to country due to cross network charges (knowing this from my cousin who was in Kuwait last summer). I'm also not sure if there is a charge for picking a text message up that has been sent from another country. It suomething that would require a lot of research into before it could go ahead.
I'll never forget how lucky I was 7268 days, 4 hours, 31 minutes, 33 seconds ago
[Image: 2tde3m][Image: 2y6ojm]
12-27-2004 01:45 PM
John Anderton
Elite Member

37 / Male / Flag
You can send an sms internationally if your mobile service allows it but it will cost u extra. Local Sms here costs a max of 0.02 $ (converted from my currency to us dollars) to even a min of 0 $ (i.e free). Common charge is either .0067$ or .011 $ but i international sms costs you .11 $.
So the cost of max local sms is 5 times less than international.
Oh btw if yr wondering, i'm from india and the currency here is Rupees. (Just check out my profile.)
Newayz long story short, If its safe then its a gr8 idea but it will cost you more so isn't it cheaper to just install the sponsor program then uninstall it or if u don't like it then uninstall plus! and reinstalll it without the sponsor. C'mon i think we owe :bow: Patchou :bow: at least that much.
[

KarunAB.com
]

[img]http://gamercards.exophase.com/459422.png[
/img]
12-27-2004 02:29 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
linx05

Charlie!!!

38 / Other / Flag
O.P. RE: Pay by sms? Good or bad?
Well as I know, The Blasphemer said the service he was with allowed him to accept the sms from different countries. As I am from Australia, I found they didn't support it. But TB did some research and found another service that Aussies can use. So I am sure there are ones worldwide. I think it is a very good idea to look into.
For news on anything Tremors, visit Tremors News
End Darko
My blog about my film

Scripts I want to get made:
Taskbar icon to change when contact is typing
12-28-2004 01:48 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites