What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » Create my own status

Pages: (2): « First « 1 [ 2 ] Last »
Create my own status
Author: Message:
Millenium_edition
Veteran Member

RE: Create my own status
quote:
Originally posted by marmota
Are you sure? i know that there is on way to do it with the msn messenger menus but i read in an other forum:

" There needs to be an extensibility API so you can create your own (like "being in bedroom with girl")."

but i have no idea how that works. may someone can explain me waht i have to do?
yes, with messenger plus it will be possible :)
12-15-2004 11:02 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Guido
Elite Member

Design is Safety

37 / Male / Flag
And only with Msgplus... there is no way of having a custom status with MSN Messenger without Plus (at least for now).
12-15-2004 11:49 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
marmota

i am not hibernat

O.P. RE: Create my own status
thank you all. it seems as if i have no choice and  have to download plus. i will inform you about it if i solved the problem in msn messenger.  i´m still sure there has to be a way.
12-15-2004 06:18 PM
_Humphreys
Veteran Member

24 / – / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by marmota
thank you all. it seems as if i have no choice and  have to download plus. i will inform you about it if i solved the problem in msn messenger.  i´m still sure there has to be a way.

You make it sound like it's a bad thing :^). I am sure you will love plus! I have... ever since I first used it two years ago. It has advanced quiet a lot now and is much better than it's early v1 days (although it was good in it's time.)

This post was edited on 12-15-2004 at 08:31 PM by _Humphreys.
AC3
12-15-2004 07:03 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
FrozernFire

GunZ rules!

32 / Male / –
quote:
Originally posted by Mess.be written by dwergs
In the Hotmail Wave 10 screenshot we obtained from Winbeta last month, we noticed "coffee time" displayed in a person's contact card underneath his MSN Messenger nickname, along with the current MSN Messenger status and e-mail address. We asked ourselves the question if this was the first sign of new or even personalized status messages...

After taking a look at the MSN Wave 11 concept screenshot we posted last week, everything fell into place for Inky, one of our visitors. Beneath the nickname of the person logged into MSN Messenger Inky noticed the line: "Add a personal message". Now, recently Inky discovered a new MSN protocol command called UBX. The syntax looks like this:

UBX [email] [payload length]
[Data][PSM][/PSM][CurrentMedia][/CurrentMedia][/Data]

(replace [ and ] with < and >)

For those who didn't see the link yet: PSM stands for PerSonal Message. CurrentMedia is quite possibly the file you're listening to or looking at in Windows Media Player.

From the fact that the UBX command is already out in the wild, in combination with the leaked Hotmail Wave 10 screenshot, we can draw the conclusion that Personal Messages (which can be anything from a custom away message to the mp3 you're listening to) are not necessarily postponed until MSN Messenger Wave 11 but could be part of a future build of MSN Messenger 7 already! Good to see Microsoft is still concealing some surprising features for the final MSN Messenger 7 build, planned for February 2005!
seems to me that you can create your own status in msn 7. though ms might have gotten the idea from msg plus :dodgy:

This post was edited on 12-16-2004 at 01:55 AM by FrozernFire.
"I want to fix that in my memory forever. Draco Malfoy, the amazing bouncing ferret."

Aragorn -"A PEA!! A PEA!! Under my saddle, look Legolas!!! A pea!! Surely only the true King could feel a tiny
pea under all that leather!!!"[/align]
12-16-2004 01:55 AM
Underlord
Veteran Member

35 / Male / Flag
The idea has been posted in the Suggestions area on the MSN Messenger Beta News Group.

This post was edited on 12-16-2004 at 07:25 AM by Underlord.
12-16-2004 07:20 AM
John Anderton
Elite Member

37 / Male / Flag
Msg Plus! Used To Have Custom Statuses But Now In Msn Msg 7 The Msg Plus Doesn't Work Rite Cause I Clicked On Update And It Sayz I Have The Latest Version. Is There A New Version ???
[

KarunAB.com
]

[img]http://gamercards.exophase.com/459422.png[
/img]
12-16-2004 08:32 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Underlord
Veteran Member

35 / Male / Flag
http://shoutbox.menthix.net/pid331874.html