What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Tech Talk » Keeps logging out

Keeps logging out
Author: Message:
BluexDreams

o.O

35 / Female / Flag
O.P. Keeps logging out
This place is one of the few exceptions that my user name keeps logged in for a little while or for the whole time until i delete my cookies.
So, the thing that is going on, is that there are some sites that require "logging in", and whenever i log in, it logs me out as soon as i log in. Althought it doesn't tells me so.

I don't know why is it doing this. The only thing i recall doing yesterday night was clearing SSL State...which might have an effect over this "logging" situtation. And also running the "cmd" command. *Did both for the purpose of fixing the (0x81000370) Error code in Msn,which didn't solve anything*

I was wondering if there's a way i can fix this problem.
I tried cleaning my Cache, cookies, Temporary files..but still
12-24-2004 12:30 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Underlord
Veteran Member

35 / Male / Flag
RE: Keeps logging out
Are you blocking Cookies at all?
12-24-2004 12:33 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
BluexDreams

o.O

35 / Female / Flag
O.P. RE: Keeps logging out
Nope..the cookies settings are the same as they used to be. In Internet Options they are set on Medium High.

Unless ZoneAlarm Pro has anything to do with it, but neither in there any settings were changed regarding the cookies.
12-24-2004 12:37 PM
Sunshine
Elite Member

– / Female / Flag
This might fix it:

Start > Run
type: regsvr32 softpub.dll
click OK
[Image: 25dr3o9]
12-24-2004 12:41 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
BluexDreams

o.O

35 / Female / Flag
O.P. RE: RE: Keeps logging out
quote:
Originally posted by Sunshine
This might fix it:

Start > Run
type: regsvr32 softpub.dll
click OK

Still..

Infact..this is one of the commands i ran yesterday a long with some others *for msn*
12-24-2004 12:46 PM
Sunshine
Elite Member

– / Female / Flag
Taken from another site:
1.  The date on your computer needs to be set properly -- double click the clock verify that the time and date are set.
2.  If your password information is not saved, verify that you are typing it in with the correct case (uppercase or lowercase).
3.  Change your password @ http://memberservicesnet.passport.com/memberservice.srf to
something smaller (under 10-12 characters), then try signing in again.
4.  If you use a firewall (like ZoneAlarm, Norton Internet Security etc. ), it's possible that Messenger doesn't have the correct rights to access the Internet, especially since you upgraded.  You may need to re/add Messenger to the allowed list of programs in your firewall if this is the case.
5.  If you disabled your firewall in the past, it still may be blocking Messenger -- try restarting it and see if that helps the situation.  You also might try uninstalling an installed firewall, to verify that it isn't causing a problem (even if it is disabled).
6.  Clear your IE cache and cookies -- open Internet Explorer, click the Tools menu, then Internet Options, then click the Delete Files button, and when that's complete click the Delete Cookies button.
7.  Check your IE Security settings -- open Internet Explorer, click the Tools menu, then Internet Options, then Advanced tab, scroll to the Security section, and verify that "Check for server certificate revocation" is unchecked.  Also verify that 'Use SSL 2.0' and Use SSL 3.0' is checked, then click OK.

Maybe this will help.

This post was edited on 12-24-2004 at 12:57 PM by Sunshine.
12-24-2004 12:55 PM
BluexDreams

o.O

35 / Female / Flag
O.P. RE: RE: Keeps logging out
quote:
Originally posted by Sunshine
Taken from another site:
1.  The date on your computer needs to be set properly -- double click the clock verify that the time and date are set.
2.  If your password information is not saved, verify that you are typing it in with the correct case (uppercase or lowercase).
3.  Change your password @ http://memberservicesnet.passport.com/memberservice.srf to
something smaller (under 10-12 characters), then try signing in again.
4.  If you use a firewall (like ZoneAlarm, Norton Internet Security etc. ), it's possible that Messenger doesn't have the correct rights to access the Internet, especially since you upgraded.  You may need to re/add Messenger to the allowed list of programs in your firewall if this is the case.
5.  If you disabled your firewall in the past, it still may be blocking Messenger -- try restarting it and see if that helps the situation.  You also might try uninstalling an installed firewall, to verify that it isn't causing a problem (even if it is disabled).
6.  Clear your IE cache and cookies -- open Internet Explorer, click the Tools menu, then Internet Options, then click the Delete Files button, and when that's complete click the Delete Cookies button.
7.  Check your IE Security settings -- open Internet Explorer, click the Tools menu, then Internet Options, then Advanced tab, scroll to the Security section, and verify that "Check for server certificate revocation" is unchecked.  Also verify that 'Use SSL 2.0' and Use SSL 3.0' is checked, then click OK.

Maybe this will help.

But isn't this "Msn/hotmail" related? Cause the main problem isn't with any of them..even though they both might act up every now and then..
12-24-2004 01:00 PM
Sunshine
Elite Member

– / Female / Flag
This is all about the 0x81000370 error, as you stated that hasn't been solved yet. Point 6 and 7 have to do with cookies and SSL verification ;)

More info in this thread: http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=20295&page=1

Edit: yw :)

This post was edited on 12-24-2004 at 01:24 PM by Sunshine.
12-24-2004 01:04 PM
BluexDreams

o.O

35 / Female / Flag
O.P. RE: Keeps logging out
It's working fine now!

Thank you!

Guess it has been the firewall all the time..i hope it won't do anything as that after i re-install it.

Thanks again:D
12-24-2004 01:22 PM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: