What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » General » Forum & Website » [split] reputation system abuse

Pages: (3): « First « 1 2 [ 3 ] Last »
[split] reputation system abuse
Author: Message:
Sam Spade

<Insert inspirational comment here>

58 / – / –
RE: [split] reputation system abuse
quote:
Originally posted by WDZ

Originally posted by Sam Spade
Ideally I'd like to be able to hide all reputation scores, just like I can hide avatars and signatures.

Well, if I added that option, it would be just like adding options to hide post count, registration date, age, etc. Hiding avatars and signatures can really be useful, because images can be an annoying waste of bandwidth and screen space. Hiding reputations is a different story, and I suspect that the only people interested in such an option are the people who have a negative number.
Correct me if I'm wrong here but such an option would not hide a person's reputation score from other uses; simply clean up the screen for the person that opts out (mind you, the fact that you brought up hiding age brings to mind that after seeing bellastellaaa's behaviour [and her byline] perhaps automatically hiding the age of those who are still legally minors would be a good thing).
12-15-2004 12:05 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
WDZ
Former Admin

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Correct me if I'm wrong here but such an option would not hide a person's reputation score from other uses; simply clean up the screen for the person that opts out
Some members might not be able to handle the fact that they have a negative reputation, and want to ignore it. It's hard to ignore something that's next to every one of your posts. The "cleaning up the screen" excuse doesn't make much sense, since the reputation is so small, and like I said before, then why not add options to hide everything? |-)
12-15-2004 06:29 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Sam Spade

<Insert inspirational comment here>

58 / – / –
quote:
Originally posted by WDZ
quote:

Correct me if I'm wrong here but such an option would not hide a person's reputation score from other uses; simply clean up the screen for the person that opts out

Some members might not be able to handle the fact that they have a negative reputation, and want to ignore it. It's hard to ignore something that's next to every one of your posts.
That's a reason to keep it because? <cluestick> If somebody cannot 'handle' a negative reputation, all they need to do is create a new sign-in identity which, unlike the ability to simply hide the thing which affects only one person, also hides a past negative score from EVERYBODY.</cluestick>
quote:
The "cleaning up the screen" excuse doesn't make much sense, since the reputation is so small, and like I said before, then why not add options to hide everything? 
I wouldn't mind in the least if you added options to hide everything.
12-16-2004 12:17 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Sunshine
Elite Member

– / Female / Flag
Sam spade:

When are you going to let this rest? The reputationsystem is there as it is. What makes you think WDZ will change it just for you?

If you don't have problems with your negative rep, you wouldn't have complained about it at all. If people give neg reps it's usually for a reason. Live with it, or if you think the neg reps are given for invalid reasons report it. Also bare in mind that if someone gives out a neg rep for a bullshit reason it says more about them then it does about you.

Ohh, you might think sure you won't complain you got a good rep. Well there's one neg in my list aswell, take a look! It's for a crap reason, but hey who can be friends with everyone?

This post was edited on 12-16-2004 at 12:30 PM by Sunshine.
[Image: 25dr3o9]
12-16-2004 12:25 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Pages: (3): « First « 1 2 [ 3 ] Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: