What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Scripting » Plug-Ins » [Suggestion]Contact's birthday

[Suggestion]Contact's birthday
Author: Message:
Johny_

O.P. [Suggestion]Contact's birthday
I posted a thread on mess.be but maybe I should rather post it here to get some clear answers on this one
quote:
Is there a plugin or can there one be written so that I can retrieve the birthdays of the people in my contact list. Everyone has the option to fill in their birthday in their MSN profile but ya can only see how old they are (so ya only know the year they are born in).
I know icq had that option, ya could see a notice when it was the users birthday.
But can't a plugin retrieve the dd/mm/yyyy info? Or is it a choice of MS not to implement this into MSN for privacy issues, I think it's a bit silly if that's the case because no one is obliged to fill their birthday, it's their own choice.

Sorry if it has been asked before but I couldn't find any info on this :(
12-31-2004 12:11 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Millenium_edition
Veteran Member

RE: [Suggestion]Contact's birthday
I doubt there's a way to retreive the birthday of the person. On the other hand, a plugin where you put it all in manually could perfectly be possible.
12-31-2004 12:14 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Sunshine
Elite Member

– / Female / Flag
Just ask them their birthdays and put that info in contactinfo. Rightclick contacts name > plus extras > contact information..put it in personal notes ;)

This post was edited on 12-31-2004 at 12:45 PM by Sunshine.
[Image: 25dr3o9]
12-31-2004 12:44 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
aNILEator
Skinning Contest Winner

...in the wake of the aNILEator

35 / Male / Flag
I'd prefer to have a Birthday Option in Plus

Then the day/week before you get a pop up (task scheduler style) saying sumat like:

Name/Custom Name's Birthday
on the [date] of [month]

or sumat similar

For some reason this has reminded me of that plugin someone made to tell you when to change your contact lenses :S
12-31-2004 01:22 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Sunshine
Elite Member

– / Female / Flag
There is an alternative for that, it's a site called Birthday Alarm. Basicly what you do is sign up and send your friends an e-mail to enter their birthday for you (you can put em in yourself too if you wish). A week before their birthday you will get the first e-mail reminder, you will recieve a second one a few days before the actual birthday. You can also choose to send e-cards from there (some are free, some are not). If you use the e-mailaddy you use for MSN you will notice the e-mails for certain ;)

This post was edited on 12-31-2004 at 01:36 PM by Sunshine.
[Image: 25dr3o9]
12-31-2004 01:34 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
aNILEator
Skinning Contest Winner

...in the wake of the aNILEator

35 / Male / Flag
yeah, but i don't like that :P I'd rather manually do it using a program (waiting for mozilla sunbird to be updated [>.<])

But yeah a taskscheduler type thing just for birthdays with month selection would be cool IMO
12-31-2004 04:34 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
This can already perfectly be done in Messenger Plus!. Just use the task schedular, fill in the date, set it to "every year", et voila, your done....

[Image: attachment.php?pid=353959]

And if you don't want to make it manually then ask someone to program a small app for you that sets the registry values itself ;)

Do you want something outside Plus!? Then take a look at Rainlendar, a very popular, totaly skinable, free and small program that puts a calendar on your desktop and has also a schedular with standard popups.

.png File Attachment: birthdayschedular.png (13.16 KB)
This file has been downloaded 281 time(s).

This post was edited on 12-31-2004 at 05:44 PM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
12-31-2004 05:39 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: