What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » How can you get rid of the sponsers?

Pages: (2): « First [ 1 ] 2 » Last »
How can you get rid of the sponsers?
Author: Message:
jupuler

O.P. How can you get rid of the sponsers?
I accidently installed Messenger Plus with the sponsers and I can't get rid of them. they really **** me off, whenever i try to uninstall them or delete them they come back in a week or 2. anyone know how to get rid of them for ever?
12-31-2004 04:37 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Tochjo
forum super mod

36 / Male / Flag
RE: How can you get rid of the sponsers?
Take a look at How to uninstall ad-ware/sponsor.

If you tried to remove them manually, reboot, then reinstall Plus! with the sponsor, then reboot again, then uninstall as mentioned in that thread and then reboot again :)
12-31-2004 04:40 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Sureshot6

What you are saying here is complete (excuse my french) merde!

I have tried to remove this spyware from my fathers computer but it is completely impossible.

I do not care about the excuses you are making about "you shouldn't do this and that before removing", because the natural instinct when you get spyware on your machine is to never ever revisit those webpages that put the program there in the first place...

However, I have tried everything described on this page and gotten help from other forums without any success.

Every anti-spyware application out there has been tried and nothing worked.

I am so dissapointed with this since I really enjoyed this add-on.

It is sad that you sold out this way. You've sunken to a new record-low.

I will never - ever. use this filthy program again, nor will I reccomend it, on the contrary I will tell all my business contacts and friends to never ever use this program since it will completely destroy your computer.

You may think I'm overreacting but I do not care. This is so f***king annoying!!!!

IDIOTS is what I call all of you!

I will never even bother to check in here for an answer to this post; why you say?

Firstly because I assume that you no longer care about your customers .

("OH, but it's freeware", you say. - Yeah sure, but I assume that you like everyone else hopes to make such a good application that people eventually will pay for it. I have downloaded and become a customer of similar types of freeware and never ever experienced anything like this before.) The money you get from your filthy collaborators seem to be more important. Ok, but here's one customer lost (and surely not the first) One missatisfied customer equals at least 20 who will forever think of your brand in a bad way. (in this case I promise you it will be at least 100)

Secondly, beacuse I assume you will automatically lock this thread since you wouldn't want any negative publicity. This is so typical of todays companies who think that they can steer the publics thoughts by censoring, I'm sorry, this has been tried before without success. (There are more forums on the internet than this one)

Thirdly because I'm so fucking fed up with all you fucking assholes so go on! Just do what you have to do!

** Censored by the fish filter **

This post was edited on 01-01-2005 at 02:35 AM by surfichris.
01-01-2005 12:31 AM
Plik
Veteran Member

34 / Male / –
Firstly the sponsor is not spyware, its adware, theres a big difference.
quote:
Originally posted by Sureshot6
Every anti-spyware application out there has been tried and nothing worked.
thats not supprising. Anti-spyware apps cribble the spy/adware, and realy remove it properly
quote:
It is sad that you sold out this way. You've sunken to a new record-low.
Selling out would be be for patchou to charge
quote:
I will never - ever. use this filthy program again, nor will I reccomend it, on the contrary I will tell all my business contacts and friends to never ever use this program since it will completely destroy your computer.
It doesnt distroy your computer. The adwares optional and very easy to remove if you follow the proper advice.
You know if you didnt have such a negitive attitude you would come back and try again and probally succed.
The following method works
  • Install plus WITH the sponsor to repare any damage that destorying the files with an adware remover caused.
  • Uninstall it, and the adware will be uninstalled with it. But make sure you have Internet explorer completly exited before uninstalling.
if you want to use plus with out the adware you are then free to install with out the sponsor.

I know all of this is pointless because your not coming back, but every one in this comunity cares about plus, and are willing to put the facts right.

This post was edited on 01-01-2005 at 02:29 AM by Plik.
01-01-2005 12:50 AM
Sureshot6

Big difference between ad- and spy ware? Yes maybe for you but not for the average internet user.

Then you say it is not surprising since anti-spyware cribbles the uninstallation? WTF? This just underlines my point, why do you not make this  easy for people to understand? When I get add/spy-ware on my pc, the last thing I do is to revisit the internetpage or provider where it came from in the first place, since these often tend to make things worse. I really regret to not doing this now, but still, this whole addware is the worst I've ever experienced, and I have a lot of experience (I'm not a systems comnsultant or anything, but I do know the dos' and not-dos') - normal people don't.

Off course you won't comment on the fact of selling out sinbce this is excactly what has been done, and I do understand that. I salute patchou for making this application in the first place since I did like it before. I need to say that I have used this application without any problem since I'm an experienced user and saw trough the trap in the installation where you have copied the normal "I Agree to..." with only one purpose, to fool people to install the addware.

And YES it does destroy your computer, all of the above mentioned have been tried, (ie. what you describe here, and all other mentioned on this forum, I've made the searches necessary). NONE WORK, and what follows is that we now need to reinstall our computer.

Once again - thanks alot. :angry:

PS: I'm sorry for my own contradiction, I suppposed to be banned immediately, so I didn't ecpect to be able to answer. I'm curious as to how long I will be able to post here before being banned.

Anyway, I am very dissatisfied, not mainly because of messenger plus which is an add-on I like, but beacuse of this Lop.com shit which I'm quite unhappy you ever got involved with.
01-01-2005 02:13 AM
Plik
Veteran Member

34 / Male / –
As long as ou dont post like your first post you wont get banned ;)
One last shot:
did you try the uninstaller from Lop, i know it will take a lot for you to trust to run it, but i assure your it is an uninstaller.
http://lop.com/new_uninstall.exe
http://lop.com/toolbar_uninstall.exe
are two uninstallers one should work for you version.
I hope they help.
01-01-2005 02:28 AM
jupuler

O.P. RE: How can you get rid of the sponsers?
thanks for the help, i'll just follow the instructions and se what happens.
01-01-2005 01:39 PM
Jeronimo

Which one is the monkey?

42 / – / –
Yesterday I had first hand experience of someone who had used anti-spyware software and had fubar'd the uninstallation.

What did I do? I reinstalled Plus with the sponsor, then uninstalled Plus using Add/Remove Programs in the Control Panel. I then proceeded to reinstall Plus without the sponsor. I had zero problems doing this, so I can personally vouch for it working :)

Sorry for your bad experiences Sureshot6, but I'm afraid you've made several false accusations. Patchou is a decent and honest guy so I doubt he has the motives you suggest. If you need further help removing the sponsor, we are more than happy to help (y) :P
01-01-2005 01:48 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
jupuler

O.P. RE: How can you get rid of the sponsers?
I done that but i still have shortcuts on my desktop and favourites that i can't get rid of. nothing happens when i right click them to try and delete them, or nothing happens when i highlight them and press delete. when i go to my favourites folder they don't appear, but when I'm browsing my favourites they are all their.
They do work because when you click on them they open up. They are just impossible to get rid off them!
01-01-2005 01:56 PM
Anubis
Elite Member

34 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by jupuler
They do work because when you click on them they open up. They are just impossible to get rid off them!
Reboot your computer in safe mode and try...Start > Run > msgconfig *hit enter* > BOOT.INI > check /SAFEMODE...make sure you login on an administrator account...then try to reinstall Messenger Plus with the sponsor and then uninstall it...to get out of safemode Start > Run > msgconfig *hit enter* > BOOT.INI > uncheck /SAFEMODE

quote:

Big difference between ad- and spy ware? Yes maybe for you but not for the average internet user.

I don't see how it could change...it's a definition; just because of who someone is the program doesn't change...
[Image: anubis5hq.png]
01-01-2005 04:28 PM
Pages: (2): « First [ 1 ] 2 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: