What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » General » Forum & Website » scrub this

Pages: (3): « First « 1 2 [ 3 ] Last »
scrub this
Author: Message:
L. Coyote

Captain Obvious

38 / Male / Flag
RE: scrub this
I see. The only reason you came back is because you enjoy stirring up things. You just confirmed it.

A normal person would have gone away, and never come back. Someone who wants attention and likes to cause trouble comes back.

You are free not to use the software and think whatever you want, but that's where it stops. You can't come here and badmouth Patchou or the forums just because you don't like the sponsor program.

I have already told another person that it depends on how you say things. No one will listen to you if you come and act all high and mighty, or in a rage and insult people. This...

quote:
Originally posted by tgnb
Maybe I was gloating a little in a "I told you so" way. Thats probably why Patchou didnt like it and deleted it.
is what I mean.

Instead, say things in a calmed and respectful matter. Patchou is human, you know.

And the mods at these forums too. And the members.

Until then, don't expect everyone to pay you the respect you're demanding.

Hack, hack, hack!
Finally became a Systems Analyst! :spam:

01-04-2005 10:38 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Plik
Veteran Member

34 / Male / –
quote:
unable to truly listen to people's points
There is a very minimal amount of complaints about the sponsor compared to the amount of installs.

quote:
Giang/Microsoft treated Messenger Plus the way it did because of the adware that was bundled.
But this would try and stop them from installing it even with out the sponsor. Wheres the point in that?
The complaints arnt about the adware beeign brought up. Its the fact that it is saying its messenger plus that does the damage. When infact even the adware doesnt "damage" peoples computers.
Also the threat level is extrdinaraly high. If thats how they rate some with with OPTIONAL adware, what does spyware that steals credit cards count as?
quote:
quote:
he's now attacking the forum staff

I'm not attacking the forum staff. Disagreeing is not the same as attacking.
The way you critisissed the moderation methods was quite rude and attacking.

In general you seam to have a very bad feeling towards patchou, what do you want, for him to remove the adware?
Then he'd have to find anouther means of income and not be able to develop plus as well.
I hope you have an open mind about this and when pressented the facts you might actially change you mind.
01-04-2005 10:40 PM
tgnb

O.P. RE: scrub this
quote:
To keep developing a peice of software of this magnitude, it takes money. Money that C2Media provides to pay for servers, bandwidth, and to help patchou continue developing. Why cant people understand that? How about microsoft starts bundling the same adware with microsoft office? Help pay for the costs of piracy? Would that knock some sense into you?

wj, whether or not developing a piece of software of Plus's magnitude truly requires money is a topic for another day. I will only point out that there are several free software packages such as Gaim, Gimp or WinSCP of equal or larger magnitudes that make do without. My view is however that there are many proven and working methods for a developer to make enough money for continued development and more which are much more ethical than bundling what many people perceive to be questionable adware.

quote:
The only reason you came back is because you enjoy stirring up things.

Either you missed this part of my post or you chose to ignore it because it makes it pretty clear that I didnt come back only because i like stirring things up.

quote:
Mainly in the hope that somone can knock some sense into Patchou, something none of the people who complained about the adware in the past have been able to do.

quote:
You are free not to use the software and think whatever you want, but that's where it stops.

Um actually no. If thats where it stops Patchou wouldn't provide this forum where people can voice their opinions Or he would provide the forum only to registered users or something like that. It is a public forum however (with certain rules of course). I dont think those rules state I am only allowed to post if I agree with everything that Patchou does. I hope Patchou gets rid of the adware and finds another more ethical revenue stream. I posted a comment because I was happy to see that somone with more authority agrees with me about the bundled adware. This gave me new hope that maybe Pathou would finally change his mind and start seeing things from a different perspective.

quote:
The way you critisissed the moderation methods was quite rude and attacking.

Based on the posts from the admins who have responded in this thread, they either saw past it or didnt feel that it was quite as rude and attacking as you did.

quote:
In general you seam to have a very bad feeling towards patchou, what do you want, for him to remove the adware?

Yes that would be excellent.

quote:
Then he'd have to find anouther means of income and not be able to develop plus as well.

Not necessarily. He could delegate the job of finding another means of income to those users who want to get rid of the adware bundling. His power is in the community of users Messenger Plus enjoys. Not everyone can or wants to donate money. But in general people are more than willing to donate time which in turn can be used to find other more ethical revenue streams.

quote:
I hope you have an open mind about this and when pressented the facts you might actially change you mind.

I hope the same thing about you and also Patchou.
01-05-2005 12:22 AM
Sam Spade

<Insert inspirational comment here>

58 / – / –
quote:
Originally posted by wj
Sorry for the rambling, I'm at work and go back and fourth between support requests and this forum so it gets a little fragmented.
Wow, some of us would get the sack for doing personal stuff on company time. Lucky you :|
01-06-2005 10:41 AM
surfichris
Former Admin

Your post was an attack about the sponsor program in Messenger Plus. I read it, I replied and they were both deleted.

I think this situation is resolved, don't you?
01-06-2005 12:02 PM
Pages: (3): « First « 1 2 [ 3 ] Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: