What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » General » General Chit Chat » My Life - Crap!

My Life - Crap!
Author: Message:
Stephen
Banned

33 / – / –
O.P. Grin  My Life - Crap!
So far i have not been doing very well. I got alot at xmas but, not the things i wanted like a new bed and a new PC for myself! pinch.gif I have been waiting 2-4 months for a new bed and i have still not got it!  . And i did finally get my new PC if i promise to be good in school, witch i do anyway.

But, the PC with NTL:120 Broudband(the one im using now) is down stairs in the dining room, and it is the "family" computer, but im on it ALL the time and i want to be on it all the time as i like to go on and talk to my friends and talk on IBE.

But when ever we have guests over or my mum wants in the room to work with my sister doing homework i have to fook off the computer! :(

And now i ask for my own one, toke a while, but i got it with all sorts of things with it
But, now i need to get it set up to the net. Firstly, i need this old PC moved upstairs to the spare room( disconnected from NTL and re connected ) and then i need to get a new bed and a desk for my room and then set up my PC. And after all that money spending and sebabbleI need to get somthing to connect my new PC ? a router?

I got told they are the best "Linkys" routers ? And then i need to connect that up and make sure it all works( i can't do )  And, do i need to sort IP things??? Can i turn the PC net off with a router???, i don't understand it all and im crap with it all... im sad and dont understand it all... all i want it me own PC n crap, like you guys?

Anyway, how is everyone??!

-Stephen- :( (W)
01-06-2005 06:30 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Jhrono
Veteran Member

32 / Male / Flag
RE: My Life - Crap!
quote:
Originally posted by Stephen
I got told they are the best "Linkys" routers

i have a linksys  a linksys wireless router and it's pretty easy to configure and to work with...if u need help tell me=)...(the manualsmay seem short and uncompreensible but they have evtng in it)
P.S. ur situation aint that bad..i think all of us passed through that...

This post was edited on 01-06-2005 at 10:07 PM by Jhrono.
01-06-2005 10:06 PM
megamuff

36 / – / –
D-Link routers are the best. it comes with an installation disk, but if you have windows 2000 or up, you wont need the disk -- it is literally plug 'n play :)
01-06-2005 10:53 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Jhrono
Veteran Member

32 / Male / Flag
why th f*** in a wireless or wired router u need a cd?...:S...the router should have a firmware to u to configure in it:S
01-06-2005 11:03 PM
megamuff

36 / – / –
quote:
Originally posted by johny
why th f*** in a wireless or wired router u need a cd?...:S...the router should have a firmware to u to configure in it:S

not a CD, a diskette. it just sets up the older windows systems for you so you dont have to. but newer OSes will configure themselves. you dont have to use the disk on the old ones either, if you feel like manually setting it up.

This post was edited on 01-06-2005 at 11:08 PM by megamuff.
01-06-2005 11:08 PM
Edna Mode

– / Other / –
i share your pain stephen, i dont even have my own computer, i have to use my parents one
[Image: Edna%20Mode.png ]
01-07-2005 02:42 PM
.blade//
Veteran Member

35 / Male / –
quote:
Originally posted by Violet
i share your pain stephen, i dont even have my own computer, i have to use my parents one

[offtopic]I have 2 :banana: :P[/offtopic]

About the router:
Alright dude, Linksys and D-Link are the generally best for the price, but it depends on what you want kind of speed you want. If you wait a few months you can get 802.11i or 802.11z or 802.11n which are all faster than the current 802.11g (fastest available now).

If you want to go for serious speed and don't want to wait you can buy the Belkin 802.11 pre-n router which uses similar technology but you can only use Belkin wireless adaptors for it. If you want to take a look at it then go >>HERE<<.

You will also need a Wireless Pre-N Desktop Network Card which can be found >>HERE<<

Belkin Pre-N router:
[Image: FUL1_F5D8230-4.jpg]

Wireless Pre-N Desktop Network Card:
[Image: FUL1_F5D8000.jpg]

This post was edited on 01-07-2005 at 02:59 PM by .blade//.
[Image: A%20Pointy%20Rock.jpg]
01-07-2005 02:50 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
user27089
Disabled Account

I don't see the real problem about what you didn't get for christmas, just be thoughtful and stuff, but if you need to get a router, get a wireless network or something, they're generally easy after they're set up and stuff, if I wanted a network, I would use wireless definitely, with the technology we have now-a-days, there isn't much lag in these wireless network things... It would be my choice for a network anyday, I'll ask James about them for you ;).
01-09-2005 11:57 AM
saralk
Veteran Member

35 / Male / Flag
tbh, when i read this i was expecting a big story about how bad your life is, and how you can't live your life anymore. But it just seems you are complaining about nothing tbh.
The Artist Formerly Known As saralk
London · New York · Paris
Est. 1989
01-09-2005 12:19 PM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: