What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » Advanced MSN 7 Skining?

Advanced MSN 7 Skining?
Author: Message:
Replicarter

O.P. Advanced MSN 7 Skining?
There are lots of skins now but they are just changes in graphics and not layout of the messenger, which is ok but it would be better if the client itself could be compleatly changed, i know the only current way for this to happen is by having a new client compleatly, but i was just reading a post in a MSN 8 concept thread which was interesting:

What someone needs to do is create a program that hooks to MSN and open its own skinable contact list etc, while your original MSN is running in the tray. I know one way of doing this which is placing a small program similar to a proxy between MSN and the server and filtering the information passed through, i used this method to be able to change peoples names in my local MSN it worked well.

The alternative would be to create a messenger client from scratch... and I have done this, its a long hard time consuming experience, especially with the updated protocols that come with the new messengers.

So is there one available now, or would somone be able to make something like this? So people can finaly skin msn but change is so much you could make msn look like the msn 8 concepts now, or make it look like or IM clients, it would be cool!
01-08-2005 06:27 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
RaceProUK
Elite Member

39 / Male / Flag
RE: Advanced MSN 7 Skining?
It would be a very large project for any one person to attempt (then again, so is Plus). I think, however, that Anthology X-19 (name right?) has something similar to what you want.
Keep an eye out for a release!
[Image: spartaafk.png]
01-08-2005 11:01 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Plik
Veteran Member

34 / Male / –
RE: Advanced MSN 7 Skining?
quote:
Originally posted by raceprouk
It would be a very large project for any one person to attempt (then again, so is Plus). I think, however, that Anthology X-19 (name right?) has something similar to what you want.
Keep an eye out for a release!
Last thing i heard was that Millenium, who was developing this part of Anthology X, pulled out of the project, and took the skinner with it. Then the whole thing fell apart and i think that development has ceassed. (Correct me if im wroung attiude/rdv143)
Best bet would be to talk to millenium and see if he wants to carry on with the skinner.

This post was edited on 01-08-2005 at 11:11 PM by Plik.
01-08-2005 11:10 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: