What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » Adding new Hotmail account

Adding new Hotmail account
Author: Message:
myabc

O.P. Adding new Hotmail account
Good morning to all. A question: I have messenger plus 3.40.112 beta in messenger 7 beta. I enter in messenger with account "xxx@lycos.it". I want add some new account pop3 and I have well added "xxx@tiscali.it" "xxx.katamail.com" but when I try to insert an hotmail account I don't be able. In pop-3 I have insert "hotmail" "hotmail.com" "nothing" but the chek mail don't go. What can I do? How must I configure this hotmail pop-3? thanks
01-09-2005 11:11 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Anubis
Elite Member

34 / Male / Flag
RE: Adding new Hotmail account
Hotmail no longer supports POP3. The following quote from Hotmail should explain everything:
quote:
Originally posted by Hotmail FAQ

To protect our users from the increasing amount of unsolicited junk e-mail or spam sent from MSN HotmailSympatico Mail accounts through Outlook and Outlook Express, we have reluctantly had to restrict the new use of Outlook and Outlook Express to subscribers.

By making this feature part of a subscription, (which requires a user to provide billing information), we can more effectively manage and put a stop to abuse of this functionality, and help protect you and others from unsolicited mail.

If you purchase a subscription service such as MSN Hotmail Plus or MSN Premium, you get access to your account from Outlook or Outlook Express, along with many other added features. To see other benefits of upgrading your MSN HotmailSympatico Mail or MSNSympatico/MSN accounts or to create a new subscription account please visit our subscription information page.

This post was edited on 01-09-2005 at 11:24 AM by Anubis.
[Image: anubis5hq.png]
01-09-2005 11:23 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: