What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » i cant sign in it wont let me

i cant sign in it wont let me
Author: Message:
angelic_star

O.P. Huh?  i cant sign in it wont let me
Im really stressed out i always use msn messenger and i am lost without it the past 2 days i have not been able to sign in keeps saying not able to sign in please click troubleshoot i click that and it doesnt detect anything wrong with it?? error code i get is 80072f0d.
Can anyone please help me out here??
01-10-2005 08:51 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
John Anderton
Elite Member

37 / Male / Flag
RE: i cant sign in it wont let me
This is a error of same no. 4 windows check if it applies. I think it does. :D cause it sayz it fixed the prob 4 msn mess. 7
Take a look here for more information

This post was edited on 01-10-2005 at 10:33 PM by Tochjo.
[

KarunAB.com
]

[img]http://gamercards.exophase.com/459422.png[
/img]
01-10-2005 09:41 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Flossie

I'm having the same problem although typing services.msc -s into the open box when you click run wont work for me, it cannot find the file. Can someone please please please help me fix the problem because I really want MSN back.:(:(
01-10-2005 05:56 PM
Phrive

...!Phrive!...

35 / Male / –
i dont know if this will help, i dont know how it does, but it helps for me

Run: \Documents and Settings\<windows accountname>\Application Data\Microsoft\MSN Messenger\
and theres files with numbers as names on of them is your account delete it (make a back-up first)

Then try and sign in
[Image: 1thing5hk.gif]

01-10-2005 06:31 PM
ayjay

– / Male / Flag
Download this program: http://shoutbox.menthix.net/attachment.php?pid=273157.

Just unzip it then run msnservers.exe (or something like that), keep testing until you get one that says very good then click use server.
01-10-2005 06:37 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Flossie

Aww nothing works for me, thanks anyways. I guess that's no MSN for me for a while.:'(
01-10-2005 08:26 PM
Phrive

...!Phrive!...

35 / Male / –
Try gilly messenger, windows messenger, or gaim or some other client see if they connect

Google for them :P
[Image: 1thing5hk.gif]

01-10-2005 08:28 PM
ayjay

– / Male / Flag
Ok then here's another thing you can try, go to Start > Run and then type: regsvr32 softpub.dll. Press enter then try again to sign into MSN. :)
01-10-2005 08:43 PM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Flossie
Aww nothing works for me, thanks anyways.
Because all the "solutions" given have absolutely nothing todo with the error you get or are very incomplete....

People, if you don't know how to solve something for sure, then don't post please. Giving solutions out of the blue without proper backup or the knowledge of what you're suggesting will not only confuse people but it can even cause harm to the user in some cases.

Flossie,

First of all make absolutely sure you have all the latest updates and fixes for your Windows. If you're not certain visit http://www.windowsupdate.com/ with Microsoft Internet Explorer. And make sure that your Internet Explorer supports 128 bits encryption. This should be the case when you've all the latest updates and fixes. Though, check this by opening Internet Explorer and go to the menu: "Help > About Internet Explorer". If the Cipher Strength is anything less then 128 bits, then download and install the Internet Explorer High Encryption Pack (after upgrading your windows to the latest updates/fixes).

Furthermore, make sure you didn't tick "I use a proxy server" in the MSN Messenger menu "Tools > Options > Connection" when you don't have an actual proxy connection...

Though, this things may not solve the problem, they are very essential and are often the cause of many connection errors...

---

Now, what version of MSN Messenger do you have? Because the errorcode 0x80072f0d is typically for MSN Messenger 7 BETA. This error is "almost" comparable with the errorcode 0x81000370 in MSN Messenger 6.2...

And the true solutions for that error can be found here: "Possible solutions for 0x81000370" in the first two posts.

Note that each point should be performed on its own, meaning always reboot after doing 1 point before going to the next one... I also suggest to do point 8 first (also see the extra note in the second post of that thread) as that is the most likely of all those points to solve that error...

---

If all this didn't work (note: it is a lot to try out!) then there might be more solutions, but these are much more "advanced" and depend on several other things also...

---

And as a sidenote, there are currently some problems with the MSN servers though, so it might also be that (problems with MSN servers have caused "random" errors in the past also). To rule this out, try connecting with your same msn addy on another computer...

This post was edited on 01-10-2005 at 10:28 PM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
01-10-2005 10:04 PM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: