What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » msg plus has some extra plugins but u gotta install them thru the wndws regstry +....

msg plus has some extra plugins but u gotta install them thru the wndws regstry +....
Author: Message:
kasim

35 / Male / –
O.P. msg plus has some extra plugins but u gotta install them thru the wndws regstry +....
....ANNDDD i dont know exactly what that is, BUT i realy wanna install som of them added features ..... lol .... is there any1 out there who can tell me how to install them and tel me wat the windows registry is ????? ( i heard its somethin real complicated but i realy wanna know wat it is)  ;)

This post was edited on 01-10-2005 at 05:47 PM by kasim.
k a $ ' 
01-10-2005 05:43 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
x2zen

34 / Male / Flag
RE: msg plus has some extra plugins but u gotta install them thru the wndws regstry +....
You can see all the Registry keys: here: http://www.msgplus.net/help_registry.php

And you can download Plus! Tweak by Choli here: http://files.msgplus.net/data/MsgPlusTweak.exe

Its a program that does all the advanced stuff, insted of you doing the Registry Modifying
01-10-2005 05:57 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
kasim

35 / Male / –
O.P. RE: msg plus has some extra plugins but u gotta install them thru the wndws regstry +....
ya but can anyone tell me wat exactly the windows registry is ???? ;)
k a $ ' 
01-11-2005 05:29 PM
Anubis
Elite Member

34 / Male / Flag
RE: msg plus has some extra plugins but u gotta install them thru the wndws regstry +....
A good explanation can be found here
http://www.systweak.com/winreg/wr1.htm
[Image: anubis5hq.png]
01-11-2005 05:41 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Sunshine
Elite Member

– / Female / Flag

Windows registry:

A central hierarchical database in Windows used to store information necessary to configure the system for one or more users, applications, and hardware devices. The registry contains information that is constantly referenced during operation, such as profiles for each user, the applications installed on the computer; and the types of documents each can create, property sheet settings for folders and application icons, what hardware exists on the system; and which ports are being used.

This post was edited on 01-11-2005 at 05:45 PM by Sunshine.
[Image: 25dr3o9]
01-11-2005 05:43 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
kasim

35 / Male / –
O.P. RE: msg plus has some extra plugins but u gotta install them thru the wndws regstry +....

quote:
Originally posted by Sunshine

Windows registry:

A central hierarchical database in Windows used to store information necessary to configure the system for one or more users, applications, and hardware devices. The registry contains information that is constantly referenced during operation, such as profiles for each user, the applications installed on the computer; and the types of documents each can create, property sheet settings for folders and application icons, what hardware exists on the system; and which ports are being used.

thanx ;) for tellin me that 'sunshine' but i think thats a little too complicated for me 2 understand.......can u or anyone else plz explain it in understandable ENGLISH (lol) ???.....or is that the simplest it can become

This post was edited on 01-11-2005 at 05:55 PM by kasim.
k a $ ' 
01-11-2005 05:50 PM
Plik
Veteran Member

34 / Male / –
Its like a big file that programs use to store things like settings.
But it is a seperate part of windows and has its own program to browse it (regedit). Also you can only use certain data types.
This is an example of a registry "folder"
quote:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Patchou\MsgPlus2\RegisteredPlugins
Each "folder" can have different "keys" which are like files, and thats what your store data in.
01-11-2005 05:57 PM
kasim

35 / Male / –
...ahh now its a little more clear .... (thnx)...but .....quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Patchou\MsgPlus2\RegisteredPlugins
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
...... with msg plus u can install plugins thru the registery (which look something like  that quote)....and i wanna know how i can acces the windows registery to install these plugins????.......and how to install them????.......and if there r ANy risks involved ????

;)

k a $ ' 
01-11-2005 06:25 PM
Plik
Veteran Member

34 / Male / –
RE: msg plus has some extra plugins but u gotta install them thru the wndws regstry +
Well most plugins will either do it themselves or include a "registary file" (.reg) that adds it with out you doing anything.
Anyway, unless you know your way around playing with the registary is dangerous and could distroy windows.

This post was edited on 01-11-2005 at 06:30 PM by Plik.
01-11-2005 06:29 PM
Cronium

If you dont know how to access the registry, you probably shouldnt be there. It is QUITE easy to break windows by changing settings in there. Also there are no "extra plugins". Merely a listing of features that Patchou didnt put in preferances for some reason.
01-13-2005 08:55 AM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: