What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Scripting » Plug-Ins » are there any plugins tha would allow me to......

are there any plugins tha would allow me to......
Author: Message:
kasim

35 / Male / –
O.P. are there any plugins tha would allow me to......
......allow me to; 'steal' C/E and display  pics, be notified when a contact closes the conversation window, make file transfering faster, changing the colour of ur display name/nick (apart from 'color nick v2), auto talker, oversized emotions, ''ignore feature'' (can some1 tell wat that does exactly??) and opening the hotmail inbox ina default browser........i know that some of these features are included with the 'stuff plug NG' plugin, but these features do not work if u have msn beta v7 (which i have).......so i just wanna know if there is a way to enable these features on 'stuff plug NG' with MSN BETA V7......or  are there any other plugins that include ANY of the above ^ features.......or will i have to instal msn v6.2 in order 2 enable the features on 'stuff plug NG' ........... or even if there are any other interesting plugins that would make a conversation (with msn beta v7) a little more interesting ????............. can any 1 tell me ???????   ;)
k a $ ' 
01-11-2005 05:45 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Sunshine
Elite Member

– / Female / Flag
RE: are there any plugins tha would allow me to......
quote:
Originally posted by kasim
make file transfering faster
File Transfer Plus 1.1 RELEASE
quote:
''ignore feature'' (can some1 tell wat that does exactly??)
Ignore feature means your contact can send messages to you, but you won't receive em (you still show as online to them)

Stuffplug NG for MSN 7 direct download link
Validation Key

This post was edited on 01-11-2005 at 05:57 PM by Sunshine.
[Image: 25dr3o9]
01-11-2005 05:49 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Plik
Veteran Member

34 / Male / –
The CE & DP stealer doesnt work correctly with messenger 7 because of some changes, but TB should be fixing this for Stuffplug-ng 2
01-11-2005 05:53 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
kasim

35 / Male / –
O.P. RE: are there any plugins tha would allow me to......
....ANNNDDDDD....... are there any plugins that would allow me to see contacts who ''apear offline'' but realy the've signed in2 msn....i think ive heard of such a plugin but i cant remember where (lol).... and it would be ideal if it was compatible with msn beta v7.....can any1 tell me ???? ;)
k a $ ' 
01-11-2005 06:20 PM
Plik
Veteran Member

34 / Male / –
That is impossable because of the way the messenger protocol works

This post was edited on 01-11-2005 at 06:47 PM by Plik.
01-11-2005 06:33 PM
kasim

35 / Male / –
O.P. RE: RE: are there any plugins tha would allow me to......
quote:
Originally posted by madman66
That is impossable because of the way the messenger protocol works

.....what exactly is a ''protocol'' i keep on hearing that word but i dont know what it is.......im still a beginner u c....so i dont much YET.......lol ;)
k a $ ' 
01-11-2005 11:18 PM
Plik
Veteran Member

34 / Male / –
quote:
http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=protocol
pro·to·col
n.
         1. The forms of ceremony and etiquette observed by diplomats and heads of state.
         2. A code of correct conduct: safety protocols; academic protocol.
   2. The first copy of a treaty or other such document before its ratification.
   3. A preliminary draft or record of a transaction.
   4. The plan for a course of medical treatment or for a scientific experiment.
   5. Computer Science. A standard procedure for regulating data transmission between computers
01-11-2005 11:24 PM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: RE: are there any plugins tha would allow me to......
I know I'm going to repeat some stuff what already has been said, but I'll add some more stuff and explainations to it.

Also, kasim, everything you're asking can be found on these forums. As you will see it is far to much to explain all in great detail. I suggest you do some searching yourself, because frankly, what you're asking is essentially to explain everything what has been done and said over the past years in the Messenger community.

So if you have more specific questions, find the thread about the subject and post in there....

quote:
make file transfering faster
"File Transfer Plus 1.1":
(This is a plugin for Messenger Plus! which can use his own file transfer method which is faster then the standard Messenger file transfer. But both parties need the plugin for this to work.)

The reason why the standard Messenger file transfer can be slow is because you're behind a router or because some ports aren't properly opened by your firewall. To know more about the file transfer ports in MSN Messenger, see: "FileSend Ports"

quote:
"stealing" CE's and DP's
Only StuffPlug-NG can do this as a plugin. Unfortunatly, the CE/DP stealer doesn't work correctly with MSN Messenger 7 yet; TheBlasphemer (the author of StuffPlug-NG) will fix this for StuffPlug-NG 2.

However, there are many more standalone programs that do work perfectly. A list of those programs can be found here:
"Non-Spyware CE/DP stealers & exporters".

In fact, you don't need a program or plugin to "steal" the CE's & DP's at all. You can do this yourself very easly. To know how, take a look here: "custom emoticons & display pictures"

quote:
be notified when a contact closes the conversation window
There are several plugins which can do that. However, they all are designed to work with MSN Messenger 6.x. In MSN Messenger 7 some things have changed and thus the method of detecting this has become very hard without showing false positives. In short: they do work perfectly in MSN Messenger 6, but they have some false positives in MSN Messenger 7.

The two most noticable plugins that can do this are OpenConvo and StuffPlug-NG. OpenConvo is specially made for this purpose and thus has more options and can be configured more then StuffPlug-NG.

The complete list with the plugins and addons that can detect these opened/closed conversations can be found here: "opened/closed window notifiers"

quote:
changing the colour of ur display name/nick (apart from color nick v2)
You don't need a plugin for this at all. Changing the color of your name is a simple Messenger Plus! command. In fact, plugins like "colornick2" do nothing more then that. To change the color in your name, take a look here: "Screenname color"

This is also explained in the official tutorials:
http://www.msgplus.net/help_tutorials.php?tut=multi-format-colors

Note that only users of Messenger Plus! will see these colors. Other people who don't have Messenger Plus! will see strange characters in your name.

More Messenger Plus! commands can be found here:
http://www.msgplus.net/help_cmdtag.php

quote:
auto talker
It depends on what you mean and what you want:

1) If you mean auto-talkers like automatically talking and replying to your contacts like a bot, then there are no Messenger Plus! plugins that can do that. However there are some other MSN Messenger addons which can do a similar thing. One of such addons is Messenger Discovery.

2) If you mean auto-talkers like changing the text you typed from one form into another (eg: you type: "hello there" and it changes to "HeLlO tHeRe" or "ereht olleh" or "H3110 7H3R3", etc...), then there are several plugins which do one form or the other. You'll find them in the plugins forums or in the official plugin database. An example of such plugins would be "L33tificator".

Of course, such plugins don't offer much freedom and possebilities; the're mostly designed to change the text in one particular way. So, the plugin StuffPlug-NG has also auto-talkers and they can be scripted as you like, so endless possebilities there.

(Note: also the plugin "VBScript/JScript hosting plugin" can easly be adopted to make your own auto-talkers (and more))

quote:
oversized emotions and display pictures
If you want this to do with a plugin, then only StuffPlug-NG can provide these features. However there are also patches wich enable the use of oversized emoticons and display pictures. To find such patches you need to go to http://www.mess.be/ and search there.

Note that for the oversized emoticons, both parties (you and your contacts) need the patch or plugin to be able to see them.

quote:
''ignore feature'' (can some1 tell wat that does exactly??)
It does what it says; it ignores the conversation of a particular user; the user can send text to you all he/she wants, but it will not show up on your side. I suggest you read the FAQs and help about StuffPlug-NG on http://www.stuffplug.com/ or search the forums for more details.

quote:
are there any plugins that would allow me to see contacts who ''apear offline'' but realy the've signed in2 msn
That is not possible anymore for long long time. The tools which claim to do so are not reliable at all! For more details, see "Block checkers DO NOT work".

quote:
I know that some of these features are included with the 'stuff plug NG' plugin, but these features do not work if u have msn beta v7 (which i have)
StuffPlug-NG for MSN Messenger 7 can be found here: http://www.stuffplug.com/SPNGMSN7.zip
Note that this version of StuffPlug-NG is still in Beta. Meaning it still isn't finished and can contain bugs.

quote:
or even if there are any other interesting plugins that would make a conversation (with msn beta v7) a little more interesting
look around the plugin forums and official plugin database. There are far too many plugins to list them and describe them all in here.

-------

a patch: This is a small program that changes some bytes inside another program to change the beheviour or available options. A patch only needs to be run once. It is almost always illegal to "patch" programs. An example of a patch can be a program to disable the ads shown in MSN Messenger.

a protocol: "A standard procedure for regulating data transmission between computers" In English: the language that two programs speak to eachother in order to communicate. In the human world, you can compare it to the gramar of a spoken language. If you're interested in the protocol that MSN Messenger uses, you can go to: http://www.hypothetic.org/docs/msn/

StuffPlug-NG: A versatile plugin that has many features made by TheBlasphemer. StuffPlug-NG is currently being updated to work fully in MSN Messenger 7. A beta of StuffPlug-NG for MSN Messenger 7 Beta can be downloaded from http://www.stuffplug.com/SPNGMSN7.zip.

To install StuffPlug-NG you need a validation code and this can only be found on the official StuffPlug-NG site: http://www.stuffplug.com/ (click on validation key).

It is highly suggested that you first read the things said on that site before asking questions or before using StuffPlug-NG.

additional note: Not all plugins work with MSN Messenger 7 yet. This is because MSN Messenger 7 is still in beta-stage. This means that it still contains bugs and doesn't work 100% correct yet. If you want a stable and good working MSN Messenger, I suggest to stick with MSN Messenger 6.2...

additional info: I highly suggest to also read the different sections on http://www.msgplus.net/help.php.

This post was edited on 01-12-2005 at 12:41 PM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
01-12-2005 12:35 PM
kasim

35 / Male / –
O.P. RE: are there any plugins tha would allow me to......
.......i have down loaded and installed 'File transfer plus 1.1'' - just as recomended above ^...... and i have also shared it with a a few of my contacts......but....they dont have msg plus....so do they need 2 have msg plus in order for ''file transfer plus 1.1' to work...ANNNDD....since i have installed ''file transfer plus''... i kepp on gettin an 'error' message saying that ''The process cannot acces the file because it is being used by another process''......this happens nearly every few minutes (eg: like when i click on something etc)....and its irratating....is this linked to 'file transfer plus 1.1' ???......or is it something else.....because this problem only started hapening since i installed ''file transfer 1.1''....any1 tell me ?   ;)
k a $ ' 
01-12-2005 05:06 PM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
That's a specific question about a plugin, so post your problem in the File Transfer Plus! thread, instead of here.

1) delete your post from this thread by clicking on the [Image: delete.gif]-button.
2) repost your problem in this thread: http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=29489
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
01-13-2005 10:02 AM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: