What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » and again some adware problems

and again some adware problems
Author: Message:
sanderovich

37 / Male / –
O.P. Roll Eyes  and again some adware problems
Hi,

I read the forum and saw people get really mad at others who said they didn't agree to the sponsor but it installed anyway...;)

Anyway, I'm afraid to say it :P, but I think I have the same problem....

I am using Plus! For quite a while now without any problems at all. Until a few months ago...
A searchbar came into my IE wich i could remove, no problem there.
Then a few desktop icon's where placed on my desktop, some new favorites where added.... all of which i could remove without a problem..
What i did'nt like was that my startpage was changed into search2web, WHICH I COULDN'T Change... but I couldn't fix it and it wasn't a real problem...
Now the problem: A couple of weeks ago I suddenly couldn't remove any of the icons wich were constantly added to my desktop and my favorites!
The guy who came to fix the pc said it was Plus! and Uninstalled it, all problems where gone. I figured I must have mistaken in installing the sponsor which I thought I didn't.
So I reïnstalled Plus! and PAYED ATTENTION NOT TO INSTALL THE SPONSOR! and "pop" all the above mensioned icons, favorites and searchbar came back (+ the blue searchbar often reffered to in some topics)

My point being that I think it is possible that the sponsor is installed when you don't want it because I'm not blind or stupid and I know FOR SURE that I clicked on "Install messenger Plus! without the sponsor." No offend meaned to pachou or others, because I think they do a great job with Plus!

For the people who have the same, there is a remover for the LOP adware on this topic: http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=33502
I runned it, restarted my pc and the adware was gone....

P.S. for the record: my NAV didn't saw it as a threat like some people claim and Ad-aware did see it and deleted it... partially, but that was when the pc-guy came:P;)
01-11-2005 09:09 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: and again some adware problems
quote:
Originally posted by sanderovich
P.S. for the record: my NAV didn't saw it as a threat like some people claim and Ad-aware did see it and deleted it... partially, but that was when the pc-guy came
and there was the problem.... ad-aware damages the uninstaller. So no matter if the PC guru removed Messenger Plus!, the ads themselfs were not fully gone in the first place.

This post was edited on 01-11-2005 at 09:30 PM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
01-11-2005 09:29 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Patchou
Messenger Plus! Creator

43 / Male / Flag
Messenger Plus! does not install the sponsor when you chsoe not to do it. For what I understand in your message,  I would guess that the C2Media installation was damaged by another program and the ads went back after sometime. It has nothing to do with Messenger Plus! being reinstalled.

Note: the ads you have may have been installed by something else than Messenger Plus! too... way too many people now uninstall Plus! forno reason everytime they see some ads on their computer.
[Image: signature2.gif]
01-12-2005 06:18 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
leito

Chameleon by KeyStorm

38 / Male / –
sanderovich, before the pc-guy removed Plus!, the uninstaller was damaged by Ad-aware. And the sponsor didn't uninstall. When you re-installed Plus! you fix the sponsor package, so when you uninstalled Plus! again, you succesfully uninstall the sponsor.

You won't have any problems now! Good too see people say things in a good way!
[Image: leonelgalan.png]
01-12-2005 06:27 AM
sanderovich

37 / Male / –
O.P. RE: and again some adware problems
ok, that maybe true...*-)

than it would be a nice coincidence:P;)

anyway, the problem is fixed now so I have nothing to complain about;)
01-12-2005 03:35 PM
Patchou
Messenger Plus! Creator

43 / Male / Flag
I agree,that was a strange coincidence, but that kind ot thing happen :). Thank you for your understanding and sorry for the trouble.
[Image: signature2.gif]
01-12-2005 05:25 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Millenium_edition
Veteran Member

wasn't search2web part of MessengerDiscovery ^o) ?
01-12-2005 05:29 PM
sanderovich

37 / Male / –
O.P. RE: and again some adware problems
I don't know but Plus is the only thing I added to Messenger
01-12-2005 05:31 PM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend