What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » Microsoft logs conversations?

Pages: (2): « First « 1 [ 2 ] Last »
Microsoft logs conversations?
Author: Message:
Flames

34 / Male / –
RE: Microsoft logs conversations?
i guess you are right onion, it's illegal to obtain people private information WITHOUT his/her permission
however, in msn messenger you can choose whether or not you want to participate in the Customer Improvment Program, so if you want to participate, then Microsoft will send information on how you use msn messenger... so that's legit. on the other hand, ms will never send your information to them if you dont want to participate/ without your permission. my friends agree with me too

however, i dont know if microsoft will log all your conversation... so i suggest not to log your conversation on msn messenger (just in case if this is true), but i dont think this is true! :D 99% sure that this is a rumor

This post was edited on 01-12-2005 at 06:28 PM by Flames.
01-12-2005 06:24 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Guido
Elite Member

Design is Safety

37 / Male / Flag
RE: RE: Microsoft logs conversations?
quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
I suggest to learn a bit more about computers before believing everything what people say, especially with things like this (no offense though).
It's not computer knowledge, it's common sense...

Even if they did monitor chats, which they wouldn't do by hosting the logs of all their user but by doing simple monitoring on some words for important (government) security purposes, it shouldn't matter to you. Microsoft doesn't care about where you are going next saturday night or who will you be seeing in the cinema later today. Bill Gates doesn't need to use your credit card to buy stuff either, if you even pass that kind of information through MSN Messenger. That said, if you think about it it's obvious that they don't even care about monitoring chats. It's just too much work (=money)and it's likely that people who are serious threats to the world's security don't use MSN Messenger to exchange confidential informations. :rolleyes:

If you are still paranoid, use Skype which sends messages p2p (without passing through a server, such as Messenger) and encrypted. www.skype.com
01-12-2005 07:47 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Pages: (2): « First « 1 [ 2 ] Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: