What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! General » Contacts on desktop

Contacts on desktop
Author: Message:
daved2424

O.P. Contacts on desktop
The contacts on the desktop feature (not sure if specific to MSN Messger 7 Messenger Plus! Beta or not) is a great idea, I love it. But it would handy if you could apply custom names to them only instead of the whole application.

I have my five most frequent contacts at the top of the screen just to the left of the maximise, close buttons etc. I have shrunk them so they are small and take up little room. It would be good if I could change their names there only to something short and meaningful so I can identify them quickly.
01-13-2005 11:52 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Mak

Thats me! How do I look?

– / Male / –
RE: Contacts on desktop
You can change their names. Just right click on the contact, then go to Messenger Plus! Extras, then rename contact so its:

Right click on them>Messenger Plus! Extras>Rename Contact.

Then u can name it anything u want
Im back..:banana:
01-14-2005 01:14 AM
daved2424

O.P. RE: Contacts on desktop
I want to only change the shortcuts I have on my desktop and not the ones in the main messenger window.
01-14-2005 12:01 PM
Mak

Thats me! How do I look?

– / Male / –
Remove them from the Desktop then Rename them, then put them on the desktop again and they stay like that on the desktop. It works for me.
Im back..:banana:
01-15-2005 04:57 AM
Weyzza
Veteran Member

SoCal sunset > *

– / Male / –
quote:
Originally posted by daved2424
The contacts on the desktop feature (not sure if specific to MSN Messger 7 Messenger Plus! Beta or not) is a great idea, I love it. But it would handy if you could apply custom names to them only instead of the whole application.

I have my five most frequent contacts at the top of the screen just to the left of the maximise, close buttons etc. I have shrunk them so they are small and take up little room. It would be good if I could change their names there only to something short and meaningful so I can identify them quickly.
Sorry, I don't think it can be done.
I believe the name in Desktop Contact is taken from the name from the contact list.
Mak's method does not work.
They stay labeled custom names as long as the user does not change the custom names.
After the custom names are deleted, the Desktop Contacts' labels are also changed.
Registered 7654 days, 15 hours, 16 minutes, 52 seconds ago.
Happy Birthday, WDZ

01-15-2005 07:08 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: