What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Scripting » Plug-Ins » Stuff Plug + MSN Messenger 7?

Stuff Plug + MSN Messenger 7?
Author: Message:
Tam101

O.P. Stuff Plug + MSN Messenger 7?
Hi all,

Well. Currently I'm using MSN Messenger 6.2 with StuffPlug NG. However most of my friends now have MSN Messenger 7, and I feel "lonely" as they have it and are making the most of its currenty features, and I feel left out.

But I don't want to get MSN Messenger 7 if it means I won't be able to use StuffPlug NG. I've heard from some people all of StuffPlug's features are available on MSN Messenger 7. However others say some features are gone such as Open Conversation Notifier and Auto Talkers.

If thats so I think I'll stick with MSN Messenger 6.2, as I like the Open Conversation notifier, helps me find out if someones intersted in me or not - or if they wanna say something but are just shy.

Does anyone OFFICIALLY know whether or not ALL of StuffPlugs features are available on MSN Messenger 7?

If they aren't could someone give me a list of features that are available, and another list of which aren't available.

Thanks a lot for reading.

-Tam.
01-16-2005 12:14 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Sunshine
Elite Member

– / Female / Flag
RE: Stuff Plug + MSN Messenger 7?
Indeed open convo doesn't work anymore with MSN 7 due to the fact that MSN 7 gathers the DPs of all your contacts on sign in (maybe you've noticed that with your friends who use MSN 7, you get a open convo popup whilst they really didn't open a convo, it was MSN 7 gathering your DP).

Some of the features that do work are:
- Bigger/smaller DPs (ppl using MSN 7 will however need Stuffplug NG too to be able to see em because MSN 7 auto resizes them)
- bigger emoticons
- open hotmail in default browser
- chat only name
- disable emo-autocompletion
- talkers
- closed notifier

Stuffplug NG (beta) for MSN 7 direct download link
Validation Key

At the beginning of februari Stuffplug NG 2 will be released, so no more beta ;)

For more info on the progress of Stuffplug NG 2 see: StuffPlug NG Dev blog
[Image: 25dr3o9]
01-16-2005 01:10 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: