What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » Enable and Disable Tabs on msg window

Enable and Disable Tabs on msg window
Author: Message:
coolieteen

The #1 Messenger user on the net!

– / Female / –
O.P. Wink  Enable and Disable Tabs on msg window
I've just got new plugins and I think that the tabs on you're msg window is really annoying and I've looked everywhere I think to find out how to disable them. I can't find out how so could someone please tell me how ?

Thanks.

-coolieteen
01-21-2005 01:29 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Hank
Banned

– / – / Flag
RE: Enable and Disable Tabs on msg window
i can give you a Patch that u can disable them if you like , PM me your email address an i'll email it
01-21-2005 01:38 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: Enable and Disable Tabs on msg window
quote:
Originally posted by Demandred
i can give you a Patch that u can disable them if you like , PM me your email address an i'll email it
He doesn't nessecairly need a patch...

quote:
Originally posted by coolieteen
I've just got new plugins and I think that the tabs on you're msg window is really annoying and I've looked everywhere I think to find out how to disable them. I can't find out how so could someone please tell me how ?
Tabs are part of MSN Messenger itself, and have nothing todo with Messenger Plus!. So this is the wrong forum to ask though ;)

Anyways, to disable the tabs in MSN Messenger 6.2, all you have to do is uncheck this:
Tools > Options > Privacy > This is a shared computer so don't display my tabs

In MSN Messenger 7 BETA there is currently not yet an option to disable the tabs. But you still can disable them easly by editing your registry (be carefull that you don't change anything else though, as editing the registry can be dangerous):
  1. Open your registry. You do this by clicking in Windows on Start > Run   and type: regedit

2. Now navigate to: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\MSNMessenger\PerPassportSettings

3. Find out the MSN ID for the account you wish the tabs gone with this application from Choli.

4. Go to the registry map with that ID number you've found with the program listed in point 2.
    So you'll end up going to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\MSNMessenger\PerPassportSettings\2483932170 or something like that.

5. Once you're there, search in the right column for DisableTabs.
    If it isn't there then create it by right clicking in that window and choosing New and then DWORD and enter the name "DisableTabs"

6. Set the value of DisableTabs to 1.

7. Close and restart MSN Messenger.
If you're not comfortable with doing this manually you might want to try this utility from Huuf. It will do exactly as described above.

This post was edited on 01-21-2005 at 02:08 AM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
01-21-2005 02:02 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: