What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Tech Talk » Web help

Web help
Author: Message:
John Anderton
Elite Member

37 / Male / Flag
O.P. Web help
I am making a website using microsoft frontpage and am using a premade template that they give. Now in that they have a feedback form. The feedback form will save the feedback on the server as a txt file. Due to that i'll have to check if anyone sent me a feedback. I'd like it to mail me the feed back to my mail address. I dunno html codes but by looking at them i think i found the key that saves them to txt. Can some one tell me what i should change it to ?
The key is :-
code:
<!--webbot bot="SaveResults" u-file="_private/feedback.txt" s-format="TEXT/TSV" s-label-fields="TRUE" s-builtin-fields="Date Time REMOTE_NAME REMOTE_USER HTTP_USER_AGENT" s-form-fields startspan --><input TYPE="hidden" NAME="VTI-GROUP" VALUE="0"><!--webbot bot="SaveResults" endspan i-checksum="43374" -->

Please help.
If anything else is reqd then plz tell me. Also one more thing, This has a readymade button so send the feedback and to clear it. The button is like the normal windows grey coloured one. I wanna change the button. We get buttons made online. How can i replace them ??

This post was edited on 01-21-2005 at 06:14 AM by John Anderton.
[

KarunAB.com
]

[img]http://gamercards.exophase.com/459422.png[
/img]
01-21-2005 06:13 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
WDZ
Former Admin

– / Male / Flag
RE: Web help
That code looks like some proprietary FrontPage stuff, and probably only runs on servers that have the FrontPage extensions installed. Your best bet would be to look for a solution within FrontPage, because otherwise you'd need a PHP or CGI script to do the mailing. HTML alone can't do it (well, can't do it reliably).
01-21-2005 06:24 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Ash_

35 / Male / –
RE: RE: Web help
go obtain Dreamweaver MX, it uses full legit html and stuff. and if you really need to email someone make the script in PHP, from what i remeber (back when i attempted to learn PHP and failed :P) it is just a call like 'email' or 'sendemail' and saving to a textfile is pretty easy.

$feedback = $_POST['nameoftextbox']
php.net can help aswell look for commands such as fopen fclose and fputs (Y)
[Image: jeansiger5.jpg]
01-21-2005 06:30 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
John Anderton
Elite Member

37 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: Web help
quote:
Originally posted by WDZ
That code looks like some proprietary FrontPage stuff, and probably only runs on servers that have the FrontPage extensions installed.
My server does allow all the frontpage stuff. I mean that it has all the front page extensions installed.

quote:
Originally posted by WDZ
Your best bet would be to look for a solution within FrontPage, because otherwise you'd need a PHP or CGI script to do the mailing. HTML alone can't do it (well, can't do it reliably).
How do i do that. I mean a solution within frontpage. And can i use php script for mailing in that page along with the html or a new php script file or whatever. How can i do that ?? Which is better. Php rite ??
[

KarunAB.com
]

[img]http://gamercards.exophase.com/459422.png[
/img]
01-21-2005 06:31 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites