What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » IE Home Page

IE Home Page
Author: Message:
innet57

O.P. Undecided  IE Home Page
Could someone please tell me how to change my Home Page back to what it was, (I know how to do it under normal circumstances) - but there must be a way around the way Messenger Plus is rewriting it every time I change it.

I'm well aware that I agreed to sponsor advertising, but there was no explanation that my Home Page would be replaced by something that is totally useless in Australia. 

Pop-ups are acceptable, even a moderate amount of spam - but exiling my Home Page completely is not on.

Thanks.
01-23-2005 08:57 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Patchou
Messenger Plus! Creator

43 / Male / Flag
RE: IE Home Page
Hi innet,

thank you for giving the sponsor a try :). If you don't like it, just uninstall Messenger Plus! and follow the instructions given by the sponsor's uninstaller. After you reboot yourcomputer, you can reinstall Messenger Plus! without the sponsor (during uninstallation, don't forget the option to keep your settings).
[Image: signature2.gif]
01-23-2005 09:02 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
RaceProUK
Elite Member

39 / Male / Flag
The alternative, if you wish to retain the sponsor, is to use a different browser ;) I recommend Mozilla/FireFox @ http://www.mozilla.org
[Image: spartaafk.png]
01-23-2005 02:01 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Sam Spade

<Insert inspirational comment here>

58 / – / –
quote:
Originally posted by innet57
Could someone please tell me how to change my Home Page back to what it was, (I know how to do it under normal circumstances) - but there must be a way around the way Messenger Plus is rewriting it every time I change it.

I'm well aware that I agreed to sponsor advertising, but there was no explanation that my Home Page would be replaced by something that is totally useless in Australia. 

Pop-ups are acceptable, even a moderate amount of spam - but exiling my Home Page completely is not on.

Thanks.
Hmm, nobody has mentioned that the MP Sponsor Program should NOT be resetting your home page every time you restart.  Expected behaviour is for the change of home page to stay, and a second blue toolbar, the Passthrough toolbar appearing.

Did a second toolbar (blue) appear at the bottom of your screen when you changed your home page?  If not, we have another 'installer' problem and/or you have a version of Lop that did not come from MP.
01-24-2005 12:22 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: