What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » Chat logs ?

Chat logs ?
Author: Message:
Marieuh

O.P. Chat logs ?
Hi everyone,

I've been using the Chat Logs saving thing since over one year and it's the first time that this thing happens. I've been trying to open one of my chat logs but when I typed the password, it said Error - This file hasn't been encrypted by Plus! (Or the file is corrupted)  So I can't open it any more. I uninstalled then reinstalled Messenger Plus! , deleted the password and put a new one, but nothing works : the page won't open.

Does anyone know what happened and how I can fix this problem?

Thanks a lot !!!
01-23-2005 11:18 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
RaceProUK
Elite Member

39 / Male / Flag
RE: Chat logs ?
What version of Plus is it? I know that older versions had a bug that corrupted some logs.
[Image: spartaafk.png]
01-24-2005 12:06 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
x2zen

34 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Marieuh
I uninstalled then reinstalled Messenger Plus! , deleted the password and put a new one
When you uninstalled Plus! did you tick the box "Delete Messenger Plus! user's preferences"?
Because if you did then Plus! cant reconize the file as one of its own. (Correct me if i'm wrong)
01-24-2005 12:15 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Marieuh

O.P. RE: Chat logs ?
Hi,

I've got the 2 version (I can't be more precise because since I installed another one after, I don't have it anymore), and the problem wasn't about the fact that I uninstalled then reinstalled because I am still able to see a couple of logs, there are just a few that I can't open anymore. Kinda strange...:S

Thanks for your help!
01-24-2005 12:55 PM
Ruby X

38 / Female / –
Uhm I have a similar problem. I have a log that won't open. It says "the password you have entered is incorrect, pleasy try again", but I'm pretty damn sure that the password I'm typing is in fact my password...
One thing that is strange too is that it has created a second file today. There's one that goed up untill yesterday, that one opens fine, but the one that was created today wont open. I haven't had the chance to see if it does the same thing to other logs, cause I've only spoken to one person today so...
I'm using version 3.25.106 if this helps.
01-24-2005 03:15 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Marieuh

O.P. RE: Chat logs ?
Well... Does someone know how we can fix the problem ? :/
01-25-2005 03:30 AM
Concord Dawn
Veteran Member

This is a loopy fruit.

33 / Male / –
Older versions (such as 2) had a bug that sometimes corrupted the logs, it is recommended that you upgrade to the newest version of Plus!, version 3.25.

Ruby X: I've never heard of a problem such as yours, but someone who knows more than I do might be able to help you.
[Image: 7.png]
01-25-2005 03:56 AM
Ruby X

38 / Female / –
There was someone on the chat that had had the same problem, but he didn't know how to fix it either
01-25-2005 09:08 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: