What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Tech Talk » [split: possible browser debate?] IE Home Page

Pages: (2): « First [ 1 ] 2 » Last »
[split: possible browser debate?] IE Home Page
Author: Message:
Ezra
Veteran Member

Forgiveness is between them and God

37 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: IE Home Page
quote:
Originally posted by Patchou
Hi innet,

thank you for giving the sponsor a try :). If you don't like it, just uninstall Messenger Plus! and follow the instructions given by the sponsor's uninstaller. After you reboot yourcomputer, you can reinstall Messenger Plus! without the sponsor (during uninstallation, don't forget the option to keep your settings).

And to keep your plugins ;-)
[Image: 1-0.png]

01-23-2005 02:04 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
megamuff

36 / – / –
RE: IE Home Page
quote:
Originally posted by raceprouk
The alternative, if you wish to retain the sponsor, is to use a different browser ;) I recommend Mozilla/FireFox @ http://www.mozilla.org

wow are you serious? the only good browser that should be switched to, (switching away from IE should only ever happen if it is infected with something) would be one that uses IE as a base, like crazybrowser... other browsers simply do not support as much code as IE and make many web sites look & behave terrible.

quote:
Originally posted by Carltos Cool
Yes it shouldn't keep resetting the hompage but Sam I am sorry but you do my head in. Could you give your plus! bashing a rest for once?

since when is he 'bashing' messenger plus?
01-24-2005 09:58 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
lopardo
Veteran Member

37 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by megamuff
wow are you serious? the only good browser that should be switched to, (switching away from IE should only ever happen if it is infected with something) would be one that uses IE as a base, like crazybrowser... other browsers simply do not support as much code as IE and make many web sites look & behave terrible.
Hmmm, I use Firefox as my default browser and 99.5% of the pages work fine...
[Image: userbar452797dd.gif]
01-24-2005 10:10 PM
user27089
Disabled Account

quote:

Most websites are being created specifically for Firefox now, so it looks good in good ol' FF... if you look at a lot of sites, the layout is messed up sometimes in Internet Explorer, I definitely prefer Firefox... :)...
01-25-2005 08:15 AM
_Humphreys
Veteran Member

24 / – / Flag
IE kinda sucks at display my site. I always use firefox to surf the net now..unless I need to use IE.
AC3
01-25-2005 08:30 AM
RaceProUK
Elite Member

39 / Male / Flag
quote:
quote:
The alternative, if you wish to retain the sponsor, is to use a different browser ;) I recommend Mozilla/FireFox @ http://www.mozilla.org

Yes I am deadly serious. The only reason pages may get messed up is when the lazy-arse coders forget there's such a thing as standards, and use IE-only hypercrap.
Thankfully, most serious web developers are sticking to standards, which IE support half-heartedly.
[Image: spartaafk.png]
01-25-2005 12:04 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Sam Spade

<Insert inspirational comment here>

58 / – / –
quote:
Originally posted by Carltos Cool
Yes it shouldn't keep resetting the hompage but Sam I am sorry but you do my head in. Could you give your plus! bashing a rest for once?
Bashing? Hey, I gave 'em ('em including Patchou) the chance to point out that the resetting of home page shouldn't be happening - a good 24 hours to say something, actually. The silence was deafening.

quote:
Crazybroswer? <yawn> Try Deepnet (with P2P and RSS built in), or if you want something outside of the square, try Kopassa.
01-25-2005 01:14 PM
Concord Dawn
Veteran Member

This is a loopy fruit.

33 / Male / –
quote:
Originally posted by Sam Spade
quote:
Crazybroswer? <yawn> Try Deepnet (with P2P and RSS built in), or if you want something outside of the square, try Kopassa.

What you smoking? FF > *. I use FF for everything. The only reason I would ever use IE would be to update my Windows, and even that I can do with FF, even though it takes about 6 days 8-).

quote:
quote:
quote:

Yes I am deadly serious. The only reason pages may get messed up is when the lazy-arse coders forget there's such a thing as standards, and use IE-only hypercrap.
Thankfully, most serious web developers are sticking to standards, which IE support half-heartedly.

Agreed. I can't believe how warmly Firefox has been welcomed to the market. I still can't believe what Microsoft said about there being no competition between FF and IE......
[Image: 7.png]
01-25-2005 01:52 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Sam Spade

<Insert inspirational comment here>

58 / – / –
quote:
Originally posted by Chaotic_Shield
What you smoking? FF > *. I use FF for everything. The only reason I would ever use IE would be to update my Windows, and even that I can do with FF, even though it takes about 6 days .
Everything? Where's your sense of adventure? ;)  Firefox = flavour of the month = popular = boring.

Give the other browsers a try - they're worth the experience. Deepnet is completely safe (immune to ActiveX) and Kopassa, though unstable on some systems, illustrates a very interesting theory (thumbnails instead of the now-common tabbed windows). It also has some very interesting inbuilt research capabilities.

FWIW, I have used Thunderbird for my 'high risk' email accounts for a long time, but that got boring too.  OE set to plain text and restricted zone is more than enough protection.
01-25-2005 02:14 PM
user27089
Disabled Account

I have to disagree there, i've used firefox for everything aswell, although, i have to contradict myself, because a lot of stuff doesn't work in it, so I have to resort to using Internet Explorer.

I have tried many other browsers, and to be honest, netscape and firefox have been the best all the way...
01-25-2005 02:20 PM
Pages: (2): « First [ 1 ] 2 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: