What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Tech Talk » NDIS.VXD

NDIS.VXD
Author: Message:
Ansette

37 / Male / –
O.P. NDIS.VXD
hi, im currently experiencing trouble with my internet connection...

on one comp the internet works fine (through a broadband modem)... and network works fine... however....

internet connection sharing is not working... ndis.vxd error... ive searched with google and found nothing overly useful...

is there anyone who knows how to sort out this error?

EDIT: the 'main' comp is running 98.. however mine, the somewhat more powerful model is running xp... but there's 2 others both running 98.

This post was edited on 01-17-2005 at 08:46 PM by Ansette.
01-17-2005 08:45 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
RaceProUK
Elite Member

39 / Male / Flag
RE: NDIS.VXD
Run the ICS wizard on the XP machine first, and get it to make a floppy you can configure the others with. This is by far the easiest way of doing it (ICS in 98 is pants, but in XP it works like a charm).
[Image: spartaafk.png]
01-18-2005 01:34 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Ansette

37 / Male / –
O.P. RE: NDIS.VXD
hmmm well ive bought a router but that opened up a whole new problem lol... the modem just stopped communicating as soon as it got connected to the router... even after it was disconnected (or even as soon as the comp connected to the modem was networked to the router... odd)

it appears to work in safe mode (with networking...) but that i have to say i cant understand why.

on a seperate note i must've been one of the idiots who didnt realise u cud use that disc to do it on a 98 machine... however sadly my xp machine is a laptop i use for uni... and it has no floppy drive alas...

but,... now upgraded machine to xp one.. ill see how i get on with that... gonna gte my dad to swap HDDs over (he likes to believe he's better than me... altho lest we forget he was the one that caused this whole trouble! lol)
01-19-2005 11:57 PM
Ansette

37 / Male / –
O.P. RE: NDIS.VXD
Actually, thinking about it... cud anyone explain why the connection will ponly work in safe mode... I have no firewall installed... cant see a reason :(
01-20-2005 11:35 AM
Tochjo
forum super mod

36 / Male / Flag
RE: NDIS.VXD
This might be a (very) long shot, but last weekend I spent hours trying to find out why my sound card drivers wouldn't work. It also gave me some vague error about NDIS.VXD (or similar name). As it turned out I had installed all Windows Updates available right after formatting and installing Windows 98 and one of the installed updates was known to cause this problem. After reformatting and not installing updates everything worked like a charm.

The moral of this story: in safe mode very little drivers are loaded. Perhaps you have a similar problem and is something you don't expect interfering with your connection: if it isn't loaded (safe mode) it won't cause a problem, if it is (no safe mode) it will cause a problem. Long shot, but it might help. Good luck :)
01-25-2005 09:58 PM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: