What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Tech Talk » Music editing

Pages: (2): « First « 1 [ 2 ] Last »
Music editing
Author: Message:
Chris.1

addicted to the net

36 / Male / –
RE: Music editing
quote:
Originally posted by Skin Ticket
Is there a program that can get rid of singing/guitar/drums in a song....I figured not b/c it's not like music is divided into parts, its just a bunch of sound.

You are correct, there is no way to separate out a music file (such as an mp3, wave etc) into its separate tracks - the track information is not saved in these formats.

quote:
Originally posted by Dan0208
Look into a program called 'Cubase'. It is a professional program for all this i think, however it is very expensive.

Cubase is good at creating multi-track recordings. However, it cannot divide these into separate tracks - as I mentioned earlier, this track information is not saved. Cubase can, however, divide MIDI files into their separate tracks. Cubase is expensive and has a very steap learning curve, however, there is a cheaper version named 'cubasis' which removes alot of the non-essential features.

quote:
Originally posted by Chaotic_Shield
Fruity Loops > *.

End of discussion.

There is no program in the world that will let you seperate out any one part of a song. It just isn't going to happen.

As far as I can see from their website, FruityLoops is pretty much the same as Cubase - it can create multi-track recordings, but it cannot edit premade songs.

Skin Ticket - I hope that helps you.
01-30-2005 03:47 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
gif83

41 / Male / Flag
i first said perhaps impossible. However, on second thoughts i reckon it can be done. Perhaps not now but in the future. what would be required is for the computer to have in its database a huge library of the timbres of different instruments and voices.... then it would need to calculate the sums of sine/cosine waves (fourier transform or something) and work out different combinations and the most likely outcomes.... with increasingly sophisticated ways of doing this something may be eventually possible...

but not now!
01-30-2005 04:15 PM
SikStyles

DeathCult

34 / Male / Flag
it cant be done...just as u save jpeg files when u did something in photoshop in layers...if u save it at photoshop image u can but when in jpeg then its like all combiled together so ...cannot be done...
You're still breathing? Why?
Get off the cross, the wood is needed.
[Image: userbar.jpg]

01-30-2005 04:26 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
gif83

41 / Male / Flag
that's the beauty of what i'm suggesting... it doesn't require layers... it makes a calculated guess of what the layers should be....
01-30-2005 04:42 PM
Cadish

40 / Male / –
You're all wrong.

It's not because wav, mp3, ... are not layered that you cannot filter voices/drums/... out of it. Music is a consecution of sounds and a sound is just a simple wave with a specified frequency.
So: if you can filter out a band of frequencies, you can filter out e.g. voices out of the music file.
BUT: if the frequency of the guitar is the same as the frequency of the voice, it will be filtered out also.

I used 6 years ago a plugin for winamp to filter out voices from a mp3. It worked quite well...

quote:
Originally posted by SikStyles
it cant be done...just as u save jpeg files when u did something in photoshop in layers...if u save it at photoshop image u can but when in jpeg then its like all combiled together so ...cannot be done...

You can't compare music to images... there's a HUGE difference ^o)

This post was edited on 02-02-2005 at 08:01 AM by Cadish.
[Image: cadish.gif]
02-02-2005 07:40 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
uberdosis

digital evil

37 / Male / –
quote:
Originally posted by Chris.
As far as I can see from their website, FruityLoops is pretty much the same as Cubase - it can create multi-track recordings, but it cannot edit premade songs.
Cubase is a bit more advanced if i remember correctly( i havnt used Cubase in ages)
[Image: skav.jpg]
02-03-2005 04:33 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Pages: (2): « First « 1 [ 2 ] Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: