What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Scripting » Plug-Ins » seeing if other person has opened your msn window.

Pages: (2): « First « 1 [ 2 ] Last »
seeing if other person has opened your msn window.
Author: Message:
(CyBeRDuDe)

37 / Male / –
RE: seeing if other person has opened your msn window.
quote:
Originally posted by one_manz_army
If you really care about seeing others open and closes convo's with you, download Linux's aMSN for Windows... i think it's at 0.93 now, that's always been miles ahead of MSN 6.2, Close to MSN 7.0 minus the nudging.

That's just plain wrong comparing "a port" or "unofficial client" with the official clients 6.2 and 7.0... that is just dull!!!!

The official client uses the MSN Protocol... You can't really do much more than the protocol is limited to... there by means you don't get any features that is not possible using MSN Messenger.... Some features in aMSN is not in MSN Messenger, but then these features are all available  using MSG Plus! and some plugins....
And what do you mean by miles ahead????? It is NOT possible to be miles ahead of the official client????

quote:
Originally posted by from the website

http://amsn.sourceforge.net/

With this release we have also brought you features as detection of the remote client (including detection of MSN's WebMessenger), preview of images when sending from MSN6 (or above), detection of MSN servers' maintenance messages, the option to save an incoming file wherever you want.... and so on.

How is that supposed to be MILES ahead of MSN Messenger????.... The preview of images is a like OLD news... option to save an incoming file whereever you want??? WOW!!!... Every program should be able to do this????

It's ok to say it's a good port, it supports linux and that it has some great features, but NEVER say that an unoffical client is miles ahead of the official client... ok????.... It might have some features that MSN Messenger have and/or maybe never will have... even when using plugins or whatever... But if it has such features those will only work in an inviroment where 2 aMSN users are trying to do the feature together... :D....

BTW:  /ontopic

Hmm.. my stuffpluf works fine using Open Convo, yes I use and older version of the Stuffplug for MSN 7.0... the first release that supports MSN 7.0... this SPNG have the Open Convo enabled.... Yes i know it sometimes shows the wrong results when others are using MSN 7.0 and the DP transfer is occuring.... But I don't mind that... It works fine for me... the version is 0.7.150...

This post was edited on 01-27-2005 at 07:41 AM by (CyBeRDuDe).
01-27-2005 07:37 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
riahc4
Veteran Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: seeing if other person has opened your msn window.
quote:
Originally posted by (CyBeRDuDe)

Hmm.. my stuffpluf works fine using Open Convo, yes I use and older version of the Stuffplug for MSN 7.0... the first release that supports MSN 7.0... this SPNG have the Open Convo enabled.... Yes i know it sometimes shows the wrong results when others are using MSN 7.0 and the DP transfer is occuring.... But I don't mind that... It works fine for me... the version is 0.7.150...

It works but most of the time it wont work correctly so the feature has been scrapped for MSN 7 and SPNG2
01-31-2005 09:06 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Pages: (2): « First « 1 [ 2 ] Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: