What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » msn keeps signing me in

msn keeps signing me in
Author: Message:
jimzombie

O.P. msn keeps signing me in
Whenever I turn my PC and connect to the internet, it automatically connects to MSN. And whenever I click the Messenger icon, be it on the desktop, or start menu, it automatically signs me in, without even asking for a password.
Is there a way to change this because I share the computer and don't want people on my account.
01-31-2005 04:24 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Plik
Veteran Member

34 / Male / –
RE: msn keeps signing me in
To stop it automatically signing in when you connect to the internet log in to msn.
And go toPersonal settings>>General>> and uncheck "Allow automatic sign in when connected to internet"
Edit:
To stop it automatically signing you in when messenger runs.
Go to Start>>Run and type in:
control userpasswords2 and press enter.
Then go to the "Advanced" tab, and click the "Mannage passwords" button.
That will popup a new dialog where you can select your msn account and delete its details from the computer.
This will stop it remembering your password. Then you can sign in to msn, making sure you remember not to tick "Sign me in automatically".

This post was edited on 01-31-2005 at 04:38 PM by Plik.
01-31-2005 04:33 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Sunshine
Elite Member

– / Female / Flag
In MSN go to: tools > options > general and untick "automaticly run MSN Messenger when i log onto windows" and "allow automatic sign in when connected to the net". That will take care of the automatic starting part (MSN will no longer be started when you start comp or connect to the net).

Now to make it ask for a password again you need to remove the MSN loginlist (passports). For that: exit MSN, go to start > run .. type in: control userpasswords2 <enter>..then go to advanced tab, click passwordmanagement button and remove all passports inthere. Now restart your MSN Messeenger an you will see you need to type in a password again, it will keep askin you too aslong as you don't tell MSN Messenger to remember you ;)

Edit: nice edit madman :mipdodgy:

This post was edited on 01-31-2005 at 04:43 PM by Sunshine.
[Image: 25dr3o9]
01-31-2005 04:35 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
_Humphreys
Veteran Member

24 / – / Flag
If you mean Windows Messenger then download the latest 5.1 version. This version does not automaticly sign you in when Windows starts : http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?F...774&DisplayLang=en.
AC3
01-31-2005 04:38 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
jimzombie

O.P. RE: msn keeps signing me in
Thanks, It's fixed.(H)
01-31-2005 04:45 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend