What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Scripting » Plug-Ins » Plugin idea.

Plugin idea.
Author: Message:
OWNd742

I like cheese

O.P. Plugin idea.
how about making a plugin that will keep everyone bored on msn having fun? and those ppl who dont understand Messenger Plus and have left it not installed can still play!

Well its a trivia game, somehow incorperate a text file to be parsed which has the questions in it. easy so far just getting the scoring and how the question is distributed, mabe make the name of the bot the questions, or ask ppl to join and when they get added to the trivia the bot will send them the questions.

scoring is gonna be hard, some math but i think this will be a good addition, made one for mIRC but that was easier. so anyone who has the gonads to do this please inform me, cuz it will be a great addition.

Trivia Bot !

-Zev goldfarb
goldfarb@rogers.com
01-31-2005 07:19 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Anubis
Elite Member

34 / Male / Flag
RE: Plugin idea.
There's many bots on MSN that allow people to play games, and a plugin could do this, but a bot is better. You can find a few at www.mess.be
[Image: anubis5hq.png]
01-31-2005 07:32 PM
Stigmata
Veteran Member

20 / Other / Flag
there are many bots that can do this..

bot32k for one

01-31-2005 07:40 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
(CyBeRDuDe)

37 / Male / –
1000's(or maybe not thousands, not sure, but many, or then again, i'm not sure eaither, I think many stopped since MSN wanted payment if you had such bots running, at least I know that the bot2k3 creators are paying...) of these bots already exist.. I was once on the progress of making one and was going very good.. until bot2k3 had all my ideas incooprated.. so I decided to stop again, using my skills on other stuff....
These bots are usally "stand-alone" bots, that people add to their contact list and can play along with, get jokes, and news and other stuff....
Right now i'm just in the middle of doing another plugin for plus, but after this project I've considered making another plugin, which enables everybody running Plus! to have their own "bot" on their ordinary msn account... so people can play with this bot when are lets say away... or something... :d...
01-31-2005 07:51 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
OWNd742

I like cheese

O.P. RE: Plugin idea.
there is no bot that i have seen that will have a trivia game, ive seen everything from tim buck two. could u leave me a link showing which one you have found so i could sample it out. not the pay one that cyberdude was talking about, and adding a bot onto the msn acounts sounds fun!
01-31-2005 07:57 PM
aNILEator
Skinning Contest Winner

...in the wake of the aNILEator

35 / Male / Flag
i'm suprised that gaming plugins haven't been released/made yet
01-31-2005 08:56 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
OWNd742

I like cheese

O.P. RE: Plugin idea.
simple to do the one i found was really complicated to install i gave up after having to dl all these dll's just to have a trivia game... mabe its harder than i thought to get a game going
01-31-2005 09:57 PM
(CyBeRDuDe)

37 / Male / –
Bot2k3 had a very famous trivia game... which quickly became itīs most used feature.... I donīt know if this game is exactly what you want, but it was very good...
02-01-2005 11:43 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
siebe

37 / Male / –
We're not paying, BTW ;)

But yes, BOT2K3 has a Trivia game.. We should update the questions though, haha. Besides Trivia it also has Blurt (fast paced word game), PPP (PimPamPet, a game based on a Dutch game.. Gives you the first letter and a category and you get to guess the word) and WordTwist (also a word game).

And a couple of single player games, of course.

This post was edited on 02-04-2005 at 11:23 PM by siebe.
02-04-2005 11:21 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: