What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Tech Talk » iTunes Problem

Pages: (2): « First « 1 [ 2 ] Last »
iTunes Problem
Author: Message:
Dan0208

36 / Male / –
O.P. RE: iTunes Problem
quote:
All you would have to do is use the File > Add Folder to library function and it will correct the file paths

Ok Thanks.

Oh and i tried that the usb run command on the other pc and this is what i got...

[Image: attachment.php?pid=361831]

.jpg File Attachment: untitled.JPG (81.56 KB)
This file has been downloaded 294 time(s).
[Image: wetpix%20sig.png]
01-14-2005 04:22 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
matty
Scripting Guru

39 / Male / Flag
RE: iTunes Problem
quote:
Originally posted by Dan0208
Ok Thanks.

Oh and i tried that the usb run command on the other pc and this is what i got...

[Image: attachment.php?pid=361831]

By the looks of the screenshot, you have USB 1.1 on both PCs. Apple has recommended USB 2.0 and Firewire cards documented on their website.  iPod: Recommended FireWire and USB Cards

This post was edited on 01-14-2005 at 04:49 AM by matty.
01-14-2005 04:48 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Dan0208

36 / Male / –
Sorry to bring up this old thread but i knew that all the information etc was already in here from last time i asked all the questions.
Well I remember matty helping me and discovering that i had usb 1.1 which was why my ipod was transferring so slow.
Today i went out and purchased a laptop USB 2.0 Card Bus to give this computer usb 2.0 and allow me to transfer to ipod quicker, however im pretty sure i have set it all up but i can not really notice a difference in speed like i should. i mean 12mb/s to 480mb/s is a fair difference. I have witnessed at a friends place transferring with usb 2.0 and its fast.
I have once again attached an image of the msinfo screen with the usb components.
From what i have read this is 2.0 so why am i not experiencing fast transfers?
Thanks

.jpg File Attachment: msinfo SS.JPG (60.43 KB)
This file has been downloaded 161 time(s).
02-03-2005 12:42 PM
matty
Scripting Guru

39 / Male / Flag
quote:
Sorry to bring up this old thread but i knew that all the information etc was already in here from last time i asked all the questions.
Well I remember matty helping me and discovering that i had usb 1.1 which was why my ipod was transferring so slow.
Today i went out and purchased a laptop USB 2.0 Card Bus to give this computer usb 2.0 and allow me to transfer to ipod quicker, however im pretty sure i have set it all up but i can not really notice a difference in speed like i should. i mean 12mb/s to 480mb/s is a fair difference. I have witnessed at a friends place transferring with usb 2.0 and its fast.
I have once again attached an image of the msinfo screen with the usb components.
From what i have read this is 2.0 so why am i not experiencing fast transfers?
Thanks
The other thing I forgot to mention is that iPods require more power then any other device (aside from an External Hard Drive). The iPod while having its own battery, when connected, doesn't use that to provide power but uses the PC to Charge/Power the device. Which means if you are using a non powered PCMCIA card then that is most likely the problem. The other thing you can look at is the Processes on your PC and the amount of RAM available and if you have Spyware/Adware because that tends to bog down transfers.
02-03-2005 10:27 PM
Dan0208

36 / Male / –
Ok yea i think the card bus has the ability to be powered because it has like a little circle plug thing in between the 2 usb ports. However that will probably cost me more money as it didnt come with a power cable. The card already cost me $50 then i paid another $10 for a dual layer DVD R.
I shouldnt really have anything affecting processes as im pretty careful but ill do a check anyway.
Can you buy powered PCMCIA cards? Would it be worth me returning this one and finding another powered one.
Once again thanks heaps for your help matty you are essential helper to this forum for all the problem ridden people like me.
Daniel
02-04-2005 05:02 AM
matty
Scripting Guru

39 / Male / Flag
quote:
Can you buy powered PCMCIA cards? Would it be worth me returning this one and finding another powered one?

Yes you can get Powered PCMCIA cards. And yes to be honest it might be a good idea to return the PCMCIA card and try a powered one instead.

iPod: Recommended FireWire and USB Cards
The above article is a list of recommended cards from apple now none of these are powered pcmcia cards.

Thanks for the compliment.
02-04-2005 05:18 AM
Pages: (2): « First « 1 [ 2 ] Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: