What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! General » Feature requests

Feature requests
Author: Message:
BikerWade

I'm The Cyber-thug!

48 / Male / –
O.P. Feature requests
I´d like a single thread to gather all suggestions that has been made, and perhaps some funktion to vote for the suggestions made... (regarding development of messenger plus, not the forum) Please arrange and put them all together, so that we all can see them, and won't have to bother developers vith the same requests over and over again. I'd like to be able to just add myself to one of (perhaps) several more with the same idéa etc..   I'll start with posting some ideas myself as follows:
First of all, i'd like a funktion that makes my history appear in my chatwindows.. as in ICQ, where i can see (at least the last few lines) of what i said, the last time the window was open (for that specific contact) Could be used as a subfunction to save msg history localy.
I'd like a feature that makes the background of one or both (or all in a muti-user chat) of the users textline to be shadowed in a color by choice... This is a feature used to separate diffrent sessions in MSN messenger message history today...! It would make it easier to over-look who said what.

This could also be done by a function that separetes each post with a horisontal ruler ( line ) , but th e background-shading appears to be more appealing to me.

This post was edited on 02-04-2005 at 03:28 AM by BikerWade.
01-30-2005 09:25 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Plik
Veteran Member

34 / Male / –
RE: Feature requests
quote:
Originally posted by BikerWade
FIrst of all, i'd like a funktion that makes my history appear in chatwindows.. as in ICQ, wherei can se (at least the last few lines) of what i said the last time the window was open (for that specific contact) Could be used as a subfunction to save msg history localy. Thanks !
You can alredy do this with the new messenger 7.
Go to personal settings>>Messages and check "Automatically keep a history of my convosations" (this turns logging on)
Checking this allows you to check "Show my last convosation in new convosation windows"

Also please dont post more than once in a row as it is against the Forum rules
Insted edit your post with the [Image: edit.gif] button

This post was edited on 01-30-2005 at 09:43 PM by Plik.
01-30-2005 09:40 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
BikerWade

I'm The Cyber-thug!

48 / Male / –
O.P. RE: Feature requests
Tnx, but i'm not happy with MSN 7 yet...
Another feature i'd like, is to have the text appear directly AFTER the nickname, instead of at a new row. again this would simplify overlooking session history... !
Here's another one. I'd like the option to have timestamps in the active session !
Something i been longing for, is the possibility to hide the text menues in top of the client, and the windows top border, as possible in chatwindows.
For the chatwindows i'd like to be able to hide the "Invite" "send file" etc. buttons, and/or the choise to skip it´s icons or text.

The point of most of my suggestion will be to shrink the apperance on my desktop, without loosing chat-text.

-In the eighties and early nineties it was cool to litter our suroundings with functions and gadgets, today, it´s to have the functions, byt not se them! =P clean is beautiful !

I,m sorry to post several in a row, the point was to split up different suggenstions, but i've bent o your will ! =P

This post was edited on 01-30-2005 at 10:12 PM by BikerWade.
01-30-2005 09:43 PM
RaceProUK
Elite Member

39 / Male / Flag
To simplify my reply, I've broken it up the same way yours is.

It's still a beta, remember...

I think this has been suggested before...

SPNG allows you to include timestamps.

In MSN7 you can. It works exactly like it does in convo windows.
Also, you can hide the buttons at the top of the convo window. Press 'Alt', then select Tools > Show Toolbars > Uncheck 'Standard'

Hope this can be followed easily :S
[Image: spartaafk.png]
01-31-2005 03:43 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
BikerWade

I'm The Cyber-thug!

48 / Male / –
O.P. RE: Feature requests
Raceprouk:

I would'nt tuch a beta-version from MicroSoft if my life depended on it ! -"Bugs come in through open windows"  u know...

Has it? well..  thats the whole point with this thread..  i would have known if all suggestions weren't scattered all over this forum. ;)

SPNG ? please explain... :$

regarding MSN7 -see first line of this reply...
Thanks ! i totally missed that function ! (Y)

AND NOW FOR A NEW SUGGESTION:

There absolutely SHOULD be a feature that told us who else has Messenger Plus! installed, Like a difference in the Contact-list icon or so... and perhaps a checkbox in settings like: "Let other Plus! users know i got Plus!"

This post was edited on 02-04-2005 at 03:23 AM by BikerWade.
02-04-2005 03:20 AM
L. Coyote

Captain Obvious

38 / Male / Flag
quote:
There absolutely SHOULD be a feature that told us who else has Messenger Plus! installed, Like a difference in the Contact-list icon or so... and perhaps a checkbox in settings like: "Let other Plus! users know i got Plus!"
The /ping command does this.

However, the user can choose not to answer to the ping command.

Hack, hack, hack!
Finally became a Systems Analyst! :spam:

02-04-2005 06:44 AM
matty
Scripting Guru

39 / Male / Flag
quote:
SPNG ? please explain...
http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=37827

Everything you are suggesting has been suggested at one time or another. Plus! cannot check who else has Plus! because that would involve using Winsock todo so and Patchou tries to limit the amount of traffic Plus! causes a PC to generate.

quote:
Another feature i'd like, is to have the text appear directly AFTER the nickname, instead of at a new row. again this would simplify overlooking session history... !

This can be achieved by using a Program called Reshack and reshacking the msglang.dll file and replacing "%1 says: \n" with "%1 says: ". Note that modifying Messenger in anyway is against the Terms of Use from Microsoft. We are not to be held responsible for anything that happens because of this nor will we help you do it.
Edit: It is already one line, Microsoft must have changed it and during their painting of the convo window add an Enter between it.

This post was edited on 02-04-2005 at 08:43 AM by matty.
02-04-2005 08:41 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
jboy

Heya,

A feature I'd like to see is, like the desktop contacts feature, a desktop messenger icon. errrr....... how do I explain? Well, have a look at the attached pic (mocked up in photoshop). I'm thinking like a floating messenger icon which has the same function as the little icon messenger places in the system tray, with maybe a few extra Plus features, just a lot bigger and therefore more convenient.

What dya think?

Anybody want it?

Jon
xx

.jpg File Attachment: msgicon.jpg (73.1 KB)
This file has been downloaded 143 time(s).

This post was edited on 02-06-2005 at 02:12 PM by jboy.
02-06-2005 02:11 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
_Humphreys
Veteran Member

24 / – / Flag
To go with the plus! desktop contact's feature I agree this would be a pretty neat feature and it's easily do able.
AC3
02-06-2005 02:15 PM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: