What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Scripting » Plug-Ins » Show me as..

Pages: (3): « First « 1 2 [ 3 ] Last »
Show me as..
Author: Message:
(CyBeRDuDe)

37 / Male / –
RE: Show me as..
Well.. Apparently the post was split and my post was apparently moved with that split.. so.. here I'll quote what I wrote.. and quote Mentality's "the end quote"... :D:P...

quote:
Originally posted by (CyBeRDuDe)
quote:
Originally posted by dudeman_27
lol well im sure we can all think of an instance where we needed that.  like when im gaming i like to tell my friends im gaming but if my girlfriend is on then i dont want her to know because then she'll get mad im not talking to her. haha.
[offtopic]Throw the bitch out?? :P[/offtopic]

quote:
Originally posted by dudeman_27
Well obviously you aren't listening.  We have suggested a NEW idea that you don't change the protocol you use plus!, so far i haven't seen this presented anywhere before this. and i think its a great idea..
Then go ahead do the programming...

quote:
Originally posted by Mentality
Must be possible, doesn't (excuse my language) Yahoo do it! maybe it's different for msn, but then yahoo's version is just a way of blocking anyways. so Saralk's idea is the right, just block'em. besides if you don't wanna talk to certain peeps, why they on your list???
As Cookie said... You can't and you must NEVER compare to different IM's networks with eachother.. Therefor this conclusion can't be used for anything...

Ok.. Here we go...
Protocol: Impossible...
Plugin on one side: Impossible...
Plugin on both sides: Possible...

Positive: You can hide you real status for your girlfriend or some one else you don't want to show your real status for...
Negative/Downside: This is a HELL OF A JOB for a programmer to do... It is possible yes.. But no programmer on this planet would spend so much work on a plugin that would give you so litle output/result... It's just not wort the hard work... Also, how many people would want to download a plugin for you to be able to fake your status.. I certainly wouldn't... :S...

It might be a job for TB or maybe MrHuge, since those two knows and has the Sock hooking source they need to do this... I don't think many other people around have this ready to go? Maybe on MSNFanatic I don't know... But well.. At least on this forum I think they are the only once that have the basic building block of this plugin... And I don't think you should count on them spending their time on something "this small"... Might be a feature in Stuffplug in some later(far in the future) version, if TB would do this... But besides that don't count on it.. Unless some one else more newcommer/n00b wants to do this.. If anybody wants to do this then you are welcome... :D... You might ask in the forum for a litle ideas on where to go.. But don't come asking "How do I program" and stuff like that... A litle short/cut down history list of what you would need to do...

- Learn to program, VB, C++, VB.net, C++.net or anything similar programming language...
- Have a good understanding of programming, not just some n00b programming skillz but some more advanced skills...
- Learn to create a plugin, a very basic plugin, just get you set with the plus api and how it works...
- At least have some winsock/socket skills, and know what's going on...
- Make/or get some source(That you would be able to understand) on hooking the MSN Messenger Socket connection...
- Learn a bit about the protocol.. Maybe not just a litle bit, but a fair deal of it so you know what you are messing with...

The program/plugin would go something like this:
User 1 changes his personal status on and decides who will be able to see it...
The plugin then opens a conversation with all those different users(this open conversation will not be visible to the other users, unless they still use some sort of open conversation notifier).. It then sends a message to all the users checking if they have the plugin.. If they don't, then close the conversation again... If they do, send some kind of command to the plugin with the information on the status...
When user 2's plugin recieves this messages... Convert it to a message that the Messenger Client understands (Protocol), and send it to the client as if it was send from the server...

This way you would be able to have status Away for all contacts not using this plugin and status Online for those who has the plugin.. Or similiar.. This could properly also be combined togeter with MsgPlus! personal status's easily...

Hope this was explanation enough????
quote:
Originally posted by Mentality
I guess that closes the discussion lol, THE END!
06-06-2005 09:44 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Pages: (3): « First « 1 2 [ 3 ] Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: