What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » MSN Messenger 7 Update

MSN Messenger 7 Update
Author: Message:
Joel4119

O.P. Huh?  MSN Messenger 7 Update
Is there any official proof that their will be a new MSN Messenger publically released in March? I've searched on Google for the announcement but I can't find it. Sorry if an answer to this question has already been posted before but I really want to know if the release is official. Also, if the new MSN Messenger version is another beta version but will be released, will the new Messenger Plus! be released soon after or will we have to wait for the final version of MSN Messenger?
02-15-2005 04:55 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Concord Dawn
Veteran Member

This is a loopy fruit.

33 / Male / –
RE: MSN Messenger 7 Update
If Google doesn't know, then I don't think there is an offical release date. :P

quote:
Originally posted by Joel4119
Also, if the new MSN Messenger version is another beta version but will be released, will the new Messenger Plus! be released soon after or will we have to wait for the final version of MSN Messenger?

Patchou will probably make us wait until he has Plus! 3.50 done.
[Image: 7.png]
02-15-2005 04:58 AM
Joel4119

O.P. RE: MSN Messenger 7 Update
Yeah, but if its finished I would assume he would wait until the next MSN Messenger is released rather than release it the second he's finished, right?
02-15-2005 06:00 AM
Menthix
forum admin

39 / Male / Flag
RE: MSN Messenger 7 Update
Microsoft almost never has official release dates, at least not with MSN Messenger releases. Dwergs from mess.be has some connections with people, he claims that the official public release is now delayed to April.
quote:
Originally posted by mess.be news
Sad news, my friends: we at Mess.be have learned that the official release of MSN Messenger 7.0, currently in public beta and previously planned for this month, has been delayed.

A new private beta is in preparation and will be handed over exclusively to beta-testers soon (current estimations say early March). This new build will come with most of the features planned for the final release, including personalized status messages which are already being tested by the MSN Messenger development team since January. As predicted, these messages can also be configured to show the user's currently playing song artist, title and album. (UPDATE: The last mentioned is only confirmed by screenshots of internal build 604, posted later today at WinBeta.org.)

After this extra private beta-period in March, the final public release of MSN Messenger 7 is scheduled for April.

Such a tease!
No official Microsoft announcement, but i think it's the most reliable source.

As for Plus!: No new public betas or other public versions will be released before Messenger Plus! 3.50 is 100% done. So even when Microsoft should release the final MSN7 version to public, you will still need to wait until Plus! 3.50 beta testing is done (3.40 public beta won't work on the latest leaked MSN7 betas either).

Messenger Plus! 3.50 is set to be released about half March, may be delayed until April if there are problems. I don't think Patchou would wait for the public MSN7 release, he tests Plus! with the MSN beta versions. If it works on MSN7 beta, it should work on MSN7 public aswell, unless there are big changes.

This post was edited on 02-15-2005 at 02:57 PM by Menthix.
Finish the problem
Menthix.net | Contact Me
02-15-2005 02:55 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: