What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Scripting » Plug-Ins » File Transfer Plus Problem:(

Pages: (2): « First « 1 [ 2 ] Last »
File Transfer Plus Problem:(
Author: Message:
RicarDog

File Transfer Plus developer

– / Male / –
RE: File Transfer Plus Problem:(
Quoted from File Transfer Plus help file, under Troubleshooting topic:

This problem happens when the plugin is not able to establish a direct connection between the receiver and the sender. Various factors may cause this problem. See the list below:

[list=1]
[*]You have not selected the correct IP address under Connection settings. Make sure you select the external internet IP address on the list. If it's not listed there, select the IP of the adapter which connects to the Internet, then select Detect external IP Address automatically below the list. You may also want to enter your IP (or hostname which points to your IP) address manually.
[*]Your TCP ports are blocked for inbound requests. If you have a firewall, please open the port rage specified in the Connection settings for inbound TCP traffic requested by transferplus.exe. If your firewall also blocks outbound data, you may have to allow traffic on the following ports:
- Outbound local ports
- Inbound local ports
- Outbound remote ports
- Inbound remote ports
[*]Your network or ISP do not allow inbound requests. In this case, you'll have to enable Passive transfer mode to be able to send files. See Connection settings for more details.
[*]If you're using passive transfer mode:
- Ask the receiver to verify his/her connection settings described above. Passive mode ignores the sender's settings and depends on the receiver's settings instead.
- Make sure the Request timeout specified in the Connection settings is long enough so the receiver can accept it before the request expires.
- If you do not get a Transfer accepted message on the conversation window, ask the receiver to type /xtpAccept and press Enter. Sometimes, the passive transfer cannot be accepted because the plugin is not able to set focus on the conversation window. Thus, you'll have to accept the transfer manually using that command.
[*]Your computer is behind a Proxy. File Transfer Plus does not support proxies at the moment.
[/list]

If you still have problems, please let me know.
Latest File Transfer Plus: 1.1 RELEASE (1.1.14)
In development: 2.0
02-19-2006 07:26 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
secret_AP

Hello,

I downloaded and installed this plugin today...and got the person sending me a file to install it as well...but it just...says waiting to connect...and never does...

so i read your troubleshooting info...but i honestly cannot make any sense out of it...but then im not a computer whiz...

my ip was correct but i manually entered it...then i tried the other way to send passive mode...but nothing worked...

msn is not blocked by my windows firewall...and i dont wanna be making ports opened...when i have no clue what i am doing :(...

please help...
02-20-2006 02:55 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
RicarDog

File Transfer Plus developer

– / Male / –
I'd recommend to always set "Detect IP address automatically" so at least your external IP will be correct for sure. Also, you have to enable File Transfer Plus itself in Windows Firewall, not just MSN Messenger (it should ask to be added when you use it for the first time).

How do you connect to the internet? Do you have a router or a shared internet connection?
Latest File Transfer Plus: 1.1 RELEASE (1.1.14)
In development: 2.0
02-20-2006 05:19 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
aldog

37 / Male / –
I've tried using all the IP settings to no avail.

My local IP is 192.168.0.3
should I be using the local IP for both my settings and the receivers?
I've tried the "detect automatically" and i've tried all 3 settings with and without the passive mode checked.
02-21-2006 06:36 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
klim007

sorry i'm italian boy i read this procedure but i don't send file with trasfert
03-20-2006 09:26 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Pages: (2): « First « 1 [ 2 ] Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend