What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » MSN update bypass??

MSN update bypass??
Author: Message:
Hitokiri

94 / Male / –
O.P. MSN update bypass??
Ok, I've spent the last hour or so searching for a method to bypass or disable the update function of MSN. I don't like to be forced to download their new version, since I'm fine with this one.
And yes, I know there are security reasons to update, but they don't force ppl to update their windows too do they?

Some ppl say it can't be done, others say they have found a way. I found a method on this site: http://v2.tlab404.com/articles/detail.asp?iFaq=364&iType=20
unfortunately, I can't locate the key they speak of and thus cannot apply the method.

I noticed that alternative clients such as dMSN (Mercurius or whatever) and Gilly Messenger don't have this problem, it seems that only the true MSN client gets blocked from the server when it is outdated..so I believe there must be a way to circumvent this.
And that is why I'm posting a thread about this. Does anyone know how this can be done? :^)
02-14-2005 11:01 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
toddy
Veteran Member

kcus uoy

– / Male / Flag
RE: MSN update bypass??
i would strongly recommend that your update as it changes nothing in looks are anything like that, the only thing the update does is fix the security bug

This post was edited on 02-14-2005 at 11:13 AM by toddy.
02-14-2005 11:11 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Eljay
Elite Member

:O

– / Male / –
maybe you have to create the key?

anyway it is not recommended to disable the updates because updates contain bug fixes and security patches so it is always advised to update to the latest stable version
02-14-2005 11:12 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
x2zen

34 / Male / Flag
It can be done by edit some CVR numbers, but like Lee and toddy said, its recommeded to upgrade to the 0205 build, because it fixes a security bug
02-14-2005 11:16 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: