What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » Searching for the truth...

Searching for the truth...
Author: Message:
azgirl14

O.P. Undecided  Searching for the truth...
After my computer crashed I was told that MsgPlus could have been contributing to the problem because it is known to be one of the most harmful add-ons for your computer allowing all kinds of access and spyware tracking.  Just want to know whether or not this is true before I download this program again.  I really love it's features so I'm hoping someone out there can help reassure me.

Thanks!
02-16-2005 09:21 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Plik
Veteran Member

34 / Male / –
RE: Searching for the truth...
this information is false
see the get the facts page for more info
02-16-2005 09:27 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
ProblemWv Authority

34 / Male / Flag
RE: Searching for the truth...
Well, I'm no expert but i think thats total bullshit. Possibly if you chose to instal Messenger Plus! with the optional sponsor programs then that may be a factor but it isn't Messenger Plus!'s fault, you can choose weather to install with all the crap. If you coose not to then there isn't any problems. I haven't had any and most other people don't seem to.

It may be just that your computer is genrally crap and has not enough disk space or a low processing speed or RAM, I don't know but I'm quite sure that Messenger Plus! has very little to do with it.

Don't worry, as long as you choose not to instal the sponsor program (If you want to try and keep your PC clean) then it's fine. If you want to help give Pacthou some money and install it with the sponsor then (Y)'cause Pathcou's such a great guy and so we all want to help him in some way, but you can't really complain after as it gives you a clear choise.
www.myspace.com/farewellcity
02-16-2005 09:37 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: