What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! General » GMail account for msn

GMail account for msn
Author: Message:
Martijn83

O.P. GMail account for msn
Hello everybody

I'm a new member on this forum from Holland.

I've heard that the new version of messenger plus (3.50) will include SSL support. That's great, so from then I can use my GMail-account in to msn messenger. (I know that it is already possible yet (after registration of a passport from .NET), but the problem is that it won't check my GMail Inbox, so it says "There are no new email messages").

But my question is if there is a function in MSG+ 3.50 to go to you're "compose mail" page of GMail if you want to send an email message to a person from your contact list of msn who's offline. So if you right click on that person and then click "send email to someone@hotmail.com" that the given "compose mail" page of GMail would be load. In fact that the user of MSG+ will be able to set up the link to that "compose mail" page.
I'v made a screenshot to explain what I mean:
[Image: msnforum7ph.jpg]

I hope that it is possible in the newest MSG+ version, and if not, that there is a possibility to make such a plugin.
I'm not want to use software like Outlook. I like the interface of GMail and the usage of it. And at least, I have got used at Hotmail use webmail to read my inbox and compose mail.

Sorry if my English is not as good as wel. I hate the English grammar :$ so fall me not concerning my English language use.

Many thanx for the help and the replies

Greetings
Martijn (H)
02-21-2005 03:55 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
ShawnZ
Veteran Member

32 / Male / Flag
RE: GMail account for msn
That isn't too much of a possibility because accessing gmail from Plus! uses gmail's pop server. It doesn't actually know that gmail also has a webmail, or for that matter, where the webmail is. However it is possible to make Outlook Express your default email client, then configure gmail on it. Then MSN Messenger should use gmail as your default email client.
Spoiler:
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
02-21-2005 03:57 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Jhrono
Veteran Member

32 / Male / Flag
Use Thunderbird it's better then outlook express(plus its faster to open when you click in a mailto: link..) and it's easy to use and configure...if you need help to configure POP settings go to : Gmail Help to config POP (Note : it says Thunderbird 0.x but it works  the same way with 1.0 version...)

Plus to enable POP acess you need to do this in your Gmail Account Settings : See it

This post was edited on 02-21-2005 at 04:07 PM by Jhrono.
02-21-2005 04:05 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
x2zen

34 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Shawnz
It doesn't actually know that gmail also has a webmail, or for that matter, where the webmail is.
It will

Look at this: I need to know about your email provider
02-21-2005 04:05 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: