What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Bug Reports » handwriting wisptis message drops 7 beta

Pages: (3): « First [ 1 ] 2 3 » Last »
handwriting wisptis message drops 7 beta
Author: Message:
aznohoui

O.P. handwriting wisptis message drops 7 beta
I have always had a problem with the handwriting plugins or handwriting part of msn.  They always cause my messages to drop randomly and it gets very annoying.  The handwriting plugin is part of the office suite and journal and I tried to remove it (wipstis) only to have it come back along with the handwriting part in msn 7 beta.  That is i followed the directions found on various sites to remove the wipstis.  It worked for some time along with msn 7's handwriting part being removed, but then it came back and so did the handwriting. 

I was wondering if there is a way to disable the handwriting thing in msn 7 at all.  because its largely unecessary and it causes my messages to drop.  Can anyone else confirm that wisptis, handwriting, causes your messages to drop?
02-25-2005 06:03 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
user27089
Disabled Account

RE: handwriting wisptis message drops 7 beta
Most people try uninstalling Messenger Plus, however this will not work since it will not delete the plugin, and the plugin will still be there after a re-install. So follow these steps instead:

1) Stop MSN Messenger completely, or make sure the plugin's DLL is not loaded.

2) Browse to:

C:/Program FilesMessenger Plus! 3 Plugins
    (or replace C:/ with the drive you installed Windows on)

3) Delete MsnHandWriting.dll, or rename it to something not ending with .dll (eg. MsnHandWriting.bak)

4) Restart MSN Messenger, or reload your plugins.

[Instructions by: The Blasphemer]

can you tell I copied and pasted?

This post was edited on 02-25-2005 at 08:39 AM by user27089.
02-25-2005 08:35 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
RaceProUK
Elite Member

39 / Male / Flag
Actually, as that plugin isn't needed for MSN7, I don't think there is a way to remove the handwriting tab.
[Image: spartaafk.png]
02-25-2005 11:07 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Plik
Veteran Member

34 / Male / –
If you dont  have the inredists or windows jornal veiwer installed i think the tab wont be there
02-25-2005 11:16 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
aznohoui

O.P. RE: handwriting wisptis message drops 7 beta
It would be a nice feature of Messenger Plus if there was an option to disable the tab or msn from loading the plugin in version 7.  I hated this plugin in 6 and had disabled it myself and now that it will load automatically in 7, well that just bothers me.  I can imagine all the people getting dropped messages when version 7 comes out.
02-25-2005 01:32 PM
RaceProUK
Elite Member

39 / Male / Flag
You do realise that Handwriting has nothing to do with dropped messages?
02-25-2005 02:29 PM
aznohoui

quote:
Originally posted by raceprouk
You do realise that Handwriting has nothing to do with dropped messages?

Actually yeah it does.  That wisptis.exe which is part of the handwriting plugin does in fact cause dropped messages.  Go ahead chat with someone for several hours or a few minutes and you'll get that "message cannot be delivered" error.  Find the directions on how to uninstall wisptis.exe manually, and try again (notice that when you do this the handwriting tab is removed) and you will not get these errors.

As I stated earlier this error in beta 7 is a reoccurance of another problem I had with msn6 with the handwriting plugin installed.   Back then I had to do it manually to get it working.  I had the same problem back then, until I uninstalled the handwriting plugin and removed it from plus.  To prove the fact that it is in fact the handwriting that causes this and not some other alien factor.  I am running a brand new install of windows xp.  I bought a new hard drive and installed it, it is a clean installation of windows xp.  I can prove that If i were to use version 6 (which by default has no handwriting plugin) this error does not occur.

If anyone wants to experiment with this, go ahead, be my guest.  Until microsoft fixes their wisptis.exe (handwriting plugin) I would very much like an option to disable it with plus.
02-25-2005 04:31 PM
RaceProUK
Elite Member

39 / Male / Flag
Is there a way of reproducing this behaviour? If so, then you could put that info into a bug report and send it to MS.
02-25-2005 07:51 PM
aznohoui

quote:
Originally posted by raceprouk
Is there a way of reproducing this behaviour? If so, then you could put that info into a bug report and send it to MS.

Well if you use handwriting in a chat and you type alot for a long amount of time it does it.  Its actually quite a random act.  I couldn't find where to send the bug reports to microsoft, but i posted a reply to a similar message on the newsgroup.

I'm just wondering if there are any other users who get this error.  I know my friend had it with msn 6. but she hasn't used 7 yet so i can't know.
02-25-2005 09:47 PM
Abz2k4

ph34r m3

35 / Male / –
I have actually encoutered this error quite often. When i had the plugin installed with Messenger Plus, quite often there would be a period where MSN would refuse to send any of my messages to my contacts and the error message "the message could not be delivered to your contact" would appear in the conversation window. I then stumbled across a thread on these forums (i think) where someone stated that they had the same problem and someone replied saying that it was due to the handwriting plugin and the only option was to uninstall it or ignore the error messages. Now with the Handwriting plugin for MSN 7 i have noticed i still receive the error messages now and again. I can't be sure that it is the plugin causing the errors, but it does seem like thats the case.

And if you're wanting to remove the handwriting Tab, if you are using the newest Beta of MSN. There is an option on the Messages Tab of the options window which allows you to show or hide tab.
[Image: abzmksig9ae.png]
02-25-2005 10:42 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Pages: (3): « First [ 1 ] 2 3 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: