What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Scripting » Plug-Ins » Impossible due to protocol

Pages: (4): « First « 1 2 [ 3 ] 4 » Last »
1 votes - 5 average   Impossible due to protocol
Author: Message:
squall_leonhart69r
Banned

37 / – / –
RE: Impossible due to protocol
well the game server would send a hash to the other players to say i own a valkyrie fighter,

but when i load up i have a battle cruiser and they can see that, so doesn't that work out funny...
03-17-2005 01:24 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Ash_

35 / Male / –
RE: RE: Impossible due to protocol
quote:
Originally posted by squall_leonhart69r
well the game server would send a hash to the other players to say i own a valkyrie fighter,

but when i load up i have a battle cruiser and they can see that, so doesn't that work out funny...

seriously, this isnt making any sense. and i have no idea how this goes back to The Blasphemer and CyBeRDuDe :undecided:
[Image: jeansiger5.jpg]
03-17-2005 01:26 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
squall_leonhart69r
Banned

37 / – / –
well they were saying that msn sends a hash to show your current nickname so you can't have multiple nicknames for different people

and what im saying is that freelancer sends a hash to say i own a valkyrie fighter, but when i start play i have my battle cruiser and everyone sees its a battle cruiser
03-17-2005 01:34 PM
slang123

38 / Male / –
Question: I was always wondering, why does plus! send personalized status' and formatting through the msn protocol so that it works transparently for people without plus?
It's not a critisism, just curious

Edit: same question for the ping command

This post was edited on 03-17-2005 at 08:38 PM by slang123.
03-17-2005 08:37 PM
Ash_

35 / Male / –
quote:
Originally posted by slang123
Question: I was always wondering, why does plus! send personalized status' and formatting through the msn protocol so that it works transparently for people without plus?
It's not a critisism, just curious

Edit: same question for the ping command

well, im pretty sure you've answered your own question.

quote:
so that it works transparently for people without plus?

thats probably the reason. and as for the ping command basically the same. if you dont have Msg Plus! you will simply think the person is sending you text.
03-18-2005 05:25 AM
slang123

38 / Male / –
Oops, sorry. i meant "doesn't" not "does". I remember the ping thing being about privisy, and the personalized stutus being for those who dont have plus! So i guess that basically answers my own question
03-18-2005 06:19 AM
Stof91

Hmmmm, it is possible.
Definatly.

But i'm not sure if it's possible with the official client (it should need alot of patching)

Here's how the protocol works with dp:

When you sign in, it sends your status to the NS with the dp you assigned, only the local path to the dp. (This also happens every time you change your status/dp)

When a user opens a conversation with you, the client is going to ask for the file(you specified to the NS) via P2P.

Now the client sends the gif. But this is a diffrent process for every sb(conversation). So therefor you can just send any gif to the other user and user's client is going to accept it.

So it's possible in theory.

But i doubt it's possible with the official client, ofcourse there are enough opensource clients out there (aMsn, Gaim, ...) that can be edited.

Just my 2 cents....
03-22-2005 06:44 PM
Ash_

35 / Male / –
all you have to just done is to basically quote TB in your own words :undecided:

_anything_ is possible i mean if you patched it enough im sure you could even use MSN as a game server and send all the required data through the IM Client.

i mean you should read the first post before you post?
03-22-2005 08:21 PM
FineWolf

Space Artist

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by squall_leonhart69r

No, Freelancer sends the FLHASH for the ship you are owning, the cruiser...

See, you modified the shop, allowing you to buy something that was in the game, but not available by default with the game.

It's the same thing for MSN plugins. You can give access to something that exists but isn't available to the end user or that isn't implented yet.

This post was edited on 05-28-2005 at 04:14 AM by FineWolf.
[Image: spacesigkj4.png]
05-28-2005 04:13 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
TheBlasphemer

36 / – / –
O.P. RE: Impossible due to protocol
quote:
Originally posted by Stof91
Hmmmm, it is possible.
Definatly.

But i'm not sure if it's possible with the official client (it should need alot of patching)

Here's how the protocol works with dp:

When you sign in, it sends your status to the NS with the dp you assigned, only the local path to the dp. (This also happens every time you change your status/dp)

When a user opens a conversation with you, the client is going to ask for the file(you specified to the NS) via P2P.

Now the client sends the gif. But this is a diffrent process for every sb(conversation). So therefor you can just send any gif to the other user and user's client is going to accept it.

So it's possible in theory.

But i doubt it's possible with the official client, ofcourse there are enough opensource clients out there (aMsn, Gaim, ...) that can be edited.

Just my 2 cents....

No, you can't, since trough the NS you gave a hash that the other clients will check against.
[Image: theblasp.png]
05-28-2005 10:54 AM
Pages: (4): « First « 1 2 [ 3 ] 4 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: