What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » Uninstalling msgplus from add/remove programs menu and not working

Uninstalling msgplus from add/remove programs menu and not working
Author: Message:
ats

O.P. Huh?  Uninstalling msgplus from add/remove programs menu and not working
okay, i had msn beta, and so i went and downloaded the msgplus that you can add on to beta. However, i decided to uninstall messenger from my computer for other reasons, so msn beta is no longer there. But, i can't uninstall the msgplus. I am using add/remove programs and clicking remove program, however it says that it has NOT successfully uninstalled and to try again later.

Now, i've waited, and tried many many times, yet it still won't uninstall. And then i noticed that it said if i had installed the sponser program (which i did not) then the uninstallation would be triggered.

I am also not able to download any other form of messenger anymore, because now it says there is an error, which i am suspecting is from the msgplus and it's inability to uninstall from my computer.

Help!!!pleasee!!!:S

This post was edited on 03-03-2005 at 01:57 AM by ats.
03-03-2005 01:49 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
matty
Scripting Guru

39 / Male / Flag
RE: Uninstalling msgplus from add/remove programs menu and not working
Firstly welcome to the forums.

Secondly the Optional Sponsor is not installed if you did not choose it.
[Image: mp3_sponsor.png]
Look familiar? This would have been the sponsor installation agreement you would have agreed to.

Now Messenger Plus! does not interfere with the installation of any other programs so the fact that you cannot uninstall it has nothing to do with other applications. Now if you cannot uninstall Messenger Plus! you want to make sure of a few things.

You are the User who installed it
You have Administrative Access
And all Internet Explorer windows are Closed

If these are all ok and it still will not uninstall please reinstall the Beta of Messenger Plus! with the Sponsor program and then feel try to try and uninstall it again. If it is successful feel free to install it again without the Optional Sponsor program. You can get the Beta from here.

Feel free to post again if you need more help.
03-03-2005 01:59 AM
ats

O.P. RE: Uninstalling msgplus from add/remove programs menu and not working
okay, i did all of that. The first suggestion didn't work...although i have no idea why, but it didn't. The second suggestion didn't work as well because i do not have any version of messenger on my computer at the moment, and when i try and download the beta plus again, it says i need a version of msn messenger.

However, i can't download another version of messenger on my computer because everytime i do, it says there is an error.
plan B i guess now...
03-03-2005 02:22 AM
Hank
Banned

– / – / Flag
what kinda error?.. more description of the error would help
03-03-2005 02:34 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Wabz
Elite Member

Its Groovy Baby!

38 / Male / Flag
Download a program called Tune up Utilities 2004 (Its a free 30 day trial)  Theres a program within which is similar to add/remove programs :)
Mess.be Forum Moderator
Messenger Plus ex-IRC Network Admin
Gimme a Rep!
03-03-2005 11:17 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
ats

O.P. RE: Uninstalling msgplus from add/remove programs menu and not working
it's working now. I just had to figure out how to access my files in another way, and i deleted it. Plus i reformatted my drive C yesterday to make sure everything was alright anyways.
problem solved.
03-05-2005 03:39 AM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: