What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Scripting » Plug-Ins » How i can put custom emoticons in name exibition ? exist plugin ?

Pages: (2): « First « 1 [ 2 ] Last »
How i can put custom emoticons in name exibition ? exist plugin ?
Author: Message:
(CyBeRDuDe)

37 / Male / –
RE: How i can put custom emoticons in name exibition ? exist plugin ?
quote:
Originally posted by King For A Day
quote:
Originally posted by Leo
quote:
Originally posted by Matty
The custom emoticons can only be transfered to your contacts from within a conversation window. Thus if they are in your display name they will not be transfered.

It just cannot be done, there are no ifs ans or buts about it. The answer is no, no matter how many times people ask its still the same answer unless Microsoft implements it which they wont.

Please read what Matty said.

lol sorry but its not like anything is possible, i dont no very much about programming, but couldnt they use the same kinda thing as coloured names.

when someone first types it could send the emotes in the tect so that they load and then use a sort of cade to show in the name area.

nothing's impossible just hard to do

No!.. The answer is still no, no matter how many times you will ask for it, the asnwer is and will still be no... Not until MS decides to implement this feature, but they properly will not, since there is som serious bandwidth problems converning this issue, so.. The answer is still no... It's just plain impossible!... Not just hard to do, but impossible!... Unless you were to build own completly own client, hen ther might be a chance of doing this....
03-08-2005 07:55 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
matty
Scripting Guru

39 / Male / Flag
RE: How i can put custom emoticons in name exibition ? exist plugin ?
quote:
Originally posted by almirf
I know of this! 

but if we can put msn emoticons in exibition name how we dont place ours custom emoticons ????

MSN Messenger emoticons are built into the software and into the protocol and it recognizes its own emoticons. It cannot recognize those that are custom. Look it simply can't be done. There is no what ifs here.
03-08-2005 07:58 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Pages: (2): « First « 1 [ 2 ] Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: