What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! General » dont support adds!?

Pages: (2): « First « 1 [ 2 ] Last »
dont support adds!?
Author: Message:
The_Wezard

Wezland Forever

46 / Male / –
RE: dont support adds!?
Thank you, some good suggestions, I will look at the plus store.  I already spread the word about messenger plus. (H)

We know you don't have to install the sponsor programme and really appreciate the option not to.  Much respect is also due to Patchou for not making it the default option like so many of the money grabbers out there.

What we were discussing is an alternative way to support Messenger Plus directly, as I am sure there are many people like us who would like to feel we have contributed directly to the project without installing unnecessary and obtrusive software onto our systems.  A simple paypal (or similar) button (or a link to a "how to contribute page") on the home page would give us that option.

I think the precautions against installing the sponsor programe are adequate and am not asking for it to be removed as this is unlikely to be done.  I do however feel that if it was removed then the reputation of Messenger Plus with the wider world could only be improved.

Perhaps a premium version of Messenger Plus with added "boasts" could be done as an incentive?  Custom emoticons or something to let other Messenger Plus users know you are supporting the cause? (similar to the auto message you get when you log in to certain web messenger tools).

That way you would have four options:

1. Install the sponsor less free version (don't donate)
   2. Install the sponsor less free version (donate)
   2. Install the sponsor program
   3. Purchase the Messenger Plus Premium version for additional money and gain bragging rights

Wez
03-11-2005 12:49 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
L. Coyote

Captain Obvious

38 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by The_Wezard
Perhaps a premium version of Messenger Plus with added "boasts" could be done as an incentive?
Patchou has said that he will only work in MsgPlus!, no Lite, no Premium.

A direct way is any way I mentioned before. He also left a physical (postal) address on the webpage. You can send him whatever you want (postcards is what he wants, but you can also "surprise" him).

The ads on the website are another direct way to help, too. Just make sure you don't "abuse", because AdSense is very picky on clicks, and sometimes you think you're doing good, but they are not paying for those clicks.

The shop/store is another direct way, although I can't remember if he still donates money to the RC (he did when the Tsunami in Asia happened, but I dunno if it was there before or not).

I supposed a PayPal donate button would be cool, but afaik, it's a paid service in PayPal.
The only way for him not to be charged would be to show the email used in the PayPal account so that other PayPal users send him money to his account (it would be free for both parties (he'd only pay depending on the method of funds withdrawal)).

The ideas are great, but Patchou already works full-time on MsgPlus!, and making "MsgPlus! Premium" with new/improved features would be too much.

But most of that is IMO (in my opinion). (Y)

Hack, hack, hack!
Finally became a Systems Analyst! :spam:

03-11-2005 01:53 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
jren207

JR! - We <3 Fanta

35 / Male / –
i read through the terms and conditions (yeh, i read those things... 8-)) and it said you have to be 16 to have an account (well it did last time i tried to apply). And anyway some under 16's may not have a bank account and certainly not a credit card...
03-11-2005 06:59 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Pages: (2): « First « 1 [ 2 ] Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: