What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » Memory Resources

Memory Resources
Author: Message:
stuartbennett

43 / Male / Flag
O.P. Memory Resources
is there any way to use messenger plus to reduce msn messeners required memory usage. currently i just turned off the messenger process as it was running in excess of 920,000 kbs of memory.
03-14-2005 10:45 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
user27089
Disabled Account

RE: Memory Resources
quote:
Originally posted by stuartbennett
is there any way to use messenger plus to reduce msn messeners required memory usage. currently i just turned off the messenger process as it was running in excess of 920,000 kbs of memory.

I don't think that there would be any way of doing so without editing the whole msn thing, it would mess everything up, it would be like msn light or something, and wouldn't be as good...

It would be illegal, are you running any patches or anything, that might be slowing it down, or you could be using webcam?
03-14-2005 10:49 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Wabz
Elite Member

Its Groovy Baby!

38 / Male / Flag
Messenger shouldn't be using that much.  Are you using a beta version?  Perhaps returning to the official version from messenger.msn.com will solve your problem
Mess.be Forum Moderator
Messenger Plus ex-IRC Network Admin
Gimme a Rep!
03-14-2005 11:17 AM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
You can't reduce the use of memory of a program. Memory is the backbone of any program, without memory nothing will run.

If you want to reduce the amount of used memory of a program, you need to totaly rewrite the program.

Now, this said, 900MB of used memory is way too much and this can indicate a memory leak in the program. This can happen because it is beta, or you are running some kind of buggy patch or whatever. As Wadz said, use the official non-beta version and all will be fine...
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
03-14-2005 12:13 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
stuartbennett

43 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: Memory Resources
ok my spec is as follows.

msn messenger 7.0.0632 beta
msgplus 3.4.112 beta
stuffplug ng 2.1.243
mess patch for 7.0.0632 2nd version

i do appreciate i am using an illegal beta version and this is not supported here. but are you saying that once msn 7.0 final is released my emory usage problems will be solved. also i have seen this figure go as far as exceeding over 1000,000kbs and msn explorer gets upto a few 100,000 kbs too. if messenger 7.0 is causing this it might explain the problem with msn explorer as msn explorr requires msn messenger to be running along side it.
03-14-2005 12:35 PM
Wabz
Elite Member

Its Groovy Baby!

38 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by stuartbennett
once msn 7.0 final is released my emory usage problems will be solved.

They should be although its likely that if it is a memory leak its caused by a 3rd party program
Mess.be Forum Moderator
Messenger Plus ex-IRC Network Admin
Gimme a Rep!
03-14-2005 12:45 PM
stuartbennett

43 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: Memory Resources
well then it might be caused by messenger plus. memory leaks i have had before didn't occur when messenger plus was off so i assume maybe that's what has caused this then. and i read here somewhere that patchou has fixed the memory leaks for version 3.50 so hopefully after the release of the new plus my problems will go away.
03-14-2005 12:50 PM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: