What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » General » General Chit Chat » Sony's prejudice towards Canadians.

Pages: (2): « First [ 1 ] 2 » Last »
Sony's prejudice towards Canadians.
Author: Message:
.blade//
Veteran Member

35 / Male / –
O.P. Undecided  Sony's prejudice towards Canadians.
Ok, I'm lucky - I pre-ordered a PSP before they changed the rules so I get JUST a PSP, but because of a low supply of PSPs, Sony says they "HAVE TO" do this to ensure Canada even gets the PSP.

All 90% of Canadians will be required to buy a PSP Value Pack WITH the Gretzky NHL hockey game for an addition $50. Also: Canada will not be recieving any more PSPs after launch for another 6 months :|

Wtf? I mean to force people to buy the Value Pack (a bunch of accesories) is one thing, but then on top of that to force them to buy a hockey game (I mean, we're Canadian, we all LOOOVEEEEE hockey, right? :dodgy:) which most of us don't want FOR $50 MORE is utter BS.

What do you guys think of this move on Sony's behalf?

This post was edited on 03-17-2005 at 02:00 AM by .blade//.
[Image: A%20Pointy%20Rock.jpg]
03-17-2005 01:43 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
MC.POP

the DJ that hits the limitz

36 / Male / –
RE: Sony's prejudice towards Canadians.
i dont think it is a good move many people will change their minds.
[Image: spidermansig5.jpg]
03-17-2005 01:45 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Patchou
Messenger Plus! Creator

43 / Male / Flag
Well Blade I have to agree with you on one thing: forcing people to buy games alogn with the PSP is ridiculous, however, every store is doing the same thing, in the US too. I've yet to see a place on the net (other than eBay I suppose, I didn't check though) where you can order the PSP without some stupid "all public" games. Stores almost always lose money (or make non) on video game hardware (PS2 are still selling $5 below cost nowadays in many store) and it seems that this time, they found a way to prevent this from happening. I find this completely ridiculous, if they're not happy with the suggested price, they can just increase it: too bad for Sony if their handled device costs twice the price of a Nintendo DS to produce, consumers shouldn't have to bear with the consequences.

That being said, the Value Pack is something completely different. The price did not change when Sony decided to sell the PSP in a pack, this is more a promotion. Sony wants to get a maximum of chances for his fight against Nintendo so they decided that the PSP should be released with some extra stuff to look more interesting. Thsi is actually agreat move for anybody who will buy the PSP in the first weeks.

Last thing, about the 6 months delay for new PSP, I highly doubt that. I can't believe stores will be out of PSP for half a year, that's just not possible.

This post was edited on 03-17-2005 at 01:54 AM by Patchou.
[Image: signature2.gif]
03-17-2005 01:51 AM
MC.POP

36 / Male / –
but can u buy the psp without any additional stuff? without any additional games. even if the store sells it with the additional stuff.

This post was edited on 03-17-2005 at 01:53 AM by MC.POP.
03-17-2005 01:53 AM
.blade//
Veteran Member

35 / Male / –
O.P. RE: Sony's prejudice towards Canadians.
quote:
Originally posted by Patchou
Well Blade I have to agree with you on one thing: forcing people to buy games alogn with the PSP is ridiculous, however, every store is doing the same thing, in the US too. I've yet to see a place on the net (other than eBay I suppose, I didn't check though) where you can order the PSP without some stupid "all public" games.

That being said, the Value Pack is something completely different. The price did not change when Sony decided to sell the PSP in a pack, this is more a promotion. Sony wants to get a maximum of chances for his fight against Nintendo so they decided that the PSP should be released with some extra stuff to look more interesting. Thsi is actually agreat move for anybody who will buy the PSP in the first weeks.

Last thing, about the 6 months delay for new PSP, I highly doubt that. I can't believe stores will be out of PSP for half a year, that's just not possible.

Well firstly, Patch, No - the Americans do not have to buy the game, only Canadains do. It's a move by Sony of Canada.

And ya, I know the value pack is something completly different, I've been following the PSP for a year now :P

Also, The PSPs on eBay are the Japanese ones and cost more anyways, but the only difference is that you can't watch North American UMD movies or play NA UMD audio on them.

Finally, I don't know if the 6-month delay is true, but that's what I was told :P
03-17-2005 01:53 AM
Patchou
Messenger Plus! Creator

43 / Male / Flag
well, I checked out many online stores in the US and all of them had only the PSP + games to sell. As far as I know, importing stuff fromthe US when you're in Canada is neither illegal nor difficult so I really wouldn't see the point in such differences, Sony Canada would just have everything to lose.

This post was edited on 03-17-2005 at 01:57 AM by Patchou.
03-17-2005 01:55 AM
MC.POP

36 / Male / –
quote:
Originally posted by blade
quote:
Well Blade I have to agree with you on one thing: forcing people to buy games alogn with the PSP is ridiculous, however, every store is doing the same thing, in the US too. I've yet to see a place on the net (other than eBay I suppose, I didn't check though) where you can order the PSP without some stupid "all public" games.

Well firstly, Patch, No - the Americans do not have to buy the game, only Canadains do. It's a move by Sony of Canada.

And ya, I know the value pack is something completly different, I've been following the PSP for a year now :P

Also, The PSPs on eBay are the Japanese ones and cost more anyways, but the only difference is that you can't watch North American UMD movies or play NA UMD audio on them.

Finally, I don't know if the 6-month delay is true, but that's what I was told :P

rofl i feel sorry for u now
yes patchou but i think they will sell it with the value pack they just make people online pay the money so they can get more than the usual price.

This post was edited on 03-17-2005 at 01:57 AM by MC.POP.
03-17-2005 01:56 AM
.blade//
Veteran Member

35 / Male / –
O.P. RE: Sony's prejudice towards Canadians.
quote:
well, I checked out many online stores in the US and all of them had only the PSP + games to sell. As far as I know, importing stuff fromthe US when you're in Canada is neither illegal nor difficult so I really wouldn't see the point in such differences, Sony Canada would just have everything to lose.

Well the online stores are selling packages, but in the physical store they don't have to (Why this is, I don't know), but it's not out until next week in the US and Canada anyways.

This post was edited on 03-17-2005 at 02:00 AM by .blade//.
03-17-2005 01:58 AM
MC.POP

36 / Male / –
yeah if i dont come back with a PSP on 12:00 am on 24 then it is only sold with the games :P and i hope they push us to buy it with the games.
03-17-2005 02:00 AM
Patchou
Messenger Plus! Creator

43 / Male / Flag
See my edited first post... thestores just don't want to lose money this time and if they're all doing the same, then they all win. I just checked EBGames again, they have different packages but all coming with 2 or 3 games! The math is simple: there will be more demand than PSP, so if you want want, you're gonna have to pay the price.
03-17-2005 02:02 AM
Pages: (2): « First [ 1 ] 2 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: