What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! General » Personalized Statuses

Personalized Statuses
Author: Message:
Pc_Madness

O.P. Personalized Statuses
More of a suggestion than a bug report really.  Perhaps this feature exists and I just can't see it....

Maybe I misunderstood reason for this feature in MSN 7, but wasn't the "Personal Message" meant to hold the Personalized status's? It'd be nice to have the option of it being on the end of your name or in the Personal Message box. :)

03-17-2005 06:30 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Chestah
Veteran Member

35 / Male / –
RE: Personalized Statuses
This is a suggestion rather then a bug report :) Patchou has left the personalised message box in the latest msn messenger build open for other things at this current time :)
Segosa is newb.
03-17-2005 06:35 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
stuartbennett

43 / Male / Flag
maybe what patch could do is some default status for personalised status. for example if i am listening to a file on windows media player that info is displayed in my custom message box when that happens it would be great if plus picked up on that and set my personaliused status to "listening to music" and in the away message it says "i am currently listening to "imported from custom message" i will get back to you shortly" just for example
03-17-2005 09:14 AM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Pc_Madness
More of a suggestion than a bug report really
Indeed.  And therefore you should've posted this in "MsgPlus General Talk". ;)

quote:
Maybe I misunderstood reason for this feature in MSN 7, but wasn't the "Personal Message" meant to hold the Personalized status's?
No. The personal message is a feature of the MSN Messenger Private Beta's (which is not available in public beta's).

This has nothing to do with the Personalised Status feature of Messenger Plus!. (Remember Messenger Plus! is not made by Microsoft, but by one single guy names Patchou :D)

The Personalised Status feature of Messenger Plus! long existed before MSN Messenger introduced the personalised message.

quote:
It'd be nice to have the option of it being on the end of your name or in the Personal Message box. :)
That might be added to Messenger Plus! in the futur. WHo knows... thanks for the suggestion though...

quote:
Originally posted by stuartbennett
maybe what patch could do is some default status for personalised status. for example if i am listening to a file on windows media player that info is displayed in my custom message box when that happens it would be great if plus picked up on that and set my personaliused status to "listening to music" and in the away message it says "i am currently listening to "imported from custom message" i will get back to you shortly" just for example
That is way, way too specific to be added as a feature.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
03-17-2005 12:45 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
stuartbennett

43 / Male / Flag
ok then lets revise it. i can already make a persopnalised status but maybe personalised status could use some sort of command to pool the info from messenger itself. so i could set my away message to "i am currently listening to /song i will get back to you shortly" and it would use the /song command for example to pull the relevant playing track data from the personal message and insert it into my away message.

for example right now it would say.

"i am currently listening to Christy Carlson Romano - Dive In i will get back to you shortly"
03-17-2005 01:26 PM
Pc_Madness

O.P. RE: RE: Personalized Statuses
quote:
Indeed.  And therefore you should've posted this in "MsgPlus General Talk". ;)

Actually its my first time visiting these forums, and the closest thing related to suggestions is bug reports. I considered General to be "yeah, damn I love Plus", or whatever and thus choose the Bug Reports forum, but it doesn't really matter.

quote:
quote:
Maybe I misunderstood reason for this feature in MSN 7, but wasn't the "Personal Message" meant to hold the Personalized status's?
No. The personal message is a feature of the MSN Messenger Private Beta's (which is not available in public beta's).

This has nothing to do with the Personalised Status feature of Messenger Plus!. (Remember Messenger Plus! is not made by Microsoft, but by one single guy names Patchou :D)

I'm well aware of the fact that Patchou+Messenger Plus! and Microsoft are seperate entities. ;)  From that comment, it makes you look like you totaly miss the point... but yet later on you say that you agree.  Not quite sure what you your intention was by posting, just looks like a semi-flame to me.  My point (just incase you somehow missed it), is that Microsoft has made this feature available to us, and it would make perfect sense to put the personalized status in there instead of on the end of the name (espiceally pointless if the name is long), so it'd be great to have an option available to take advantage of it.  If by your comment about it not being available in the public betas is that the idea is a bad one because it'll only be supported in the two builds currently available... my understanding is that there quite a few things that are only available in Msgplus depending on what version of MSN your using.

Thanks for your opinion, although I felt that Chestah's post ended this discussion really (sounds like he knows a secret that hes not going to share? :o ).

This post was edited on 03-18-2005 at 03:59 AM by Pc_Madness.
03-18-2005 03:58 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: RE: RE: Personalized Statuses
quote:
Actually its my first time visiting these forums, and the closest thing related to suggestions is bug reports.
but not in these forums...

quote:
I considered General to be "yeah, damn I love Plus", or whatever and thus choose the Bug Reports forum, but it doesn't really matter.
It indeed also inlcudes "yeah, damn I love Plus", but also "yeah, damn I love Plus, but can you make x".

quote:
I'm well aware of the fact that Patchou+Messenger Plus! and Microsoft are seperate entities. ;)
You posted:
quote:
but wasn't the "Personal Message" meant to hold the Personalized status's?
This clearly can be read as: "MSN Messenger 7 introduced personal messages especially to be used for the personal statusses of Messenger Plus!". Hence my reply that both entities are not the same, but independed. And that MSN Messenger didn't made personalised messages especially to be used by Plus' personalised statusses, but for their own purpose.

quote:
From that comment, it makes you look like you totaly miss the point... but yet later on you say that you agree.
I said it might be added later on (as in: it might, it might not). That doesn't mean I don't like it or not...

quote:
Not quite sure what you your intention was by posting, just looks like a semi-flame to me.
My intention here on this forum for the past years have always been, and always will be, to help people and to explain things which they possible misunderstood or thought. If you interpret that as (semi) flaming then sorry.

quote:
My point (just incase you somehow missed it), is that Microsoft has made this feature available to us, and it would make perfect sense to put the personalized status in there instead of on the end of the name (espiceally pointless if the name is long), so it'd be great to have an option available to take advantage of it.
Hence I said that it might be added later on

quote:
If by your comment about it not being available in the public betas is that the idea is a bad one because it'll only be supported in the two builds currently available...
no, were did I say it was a bad idea?

quote:
my understanding is that there quite a few things that are only available in Msgplus depending on what version of MSN your using.
This is a whole other matter. Supporting differences between major versions is something totaly different then differences between public versions and private builds which nobody, except official beta testers, should be using anyways. The public versions have obviously priority.

Thus like I said in my previous post, since personal messages are not available in public versions, it is not supported yet (also because they can still be changed by msn as it is in private beta's only). But it might be added later on.
(^^ and I can't see how that is (semi)flaming. It is informing)

This post was edited on 03-18-2005 at 04:32 AM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
03-18-2005 04:19 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: