What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » IMPORTANT! Strictly forbidden plug-in is spreading the net!

Pages: (8): « First « 1 2 3 [ 4 ] 5 6 7 8 » Last »
IMPORTANT! Strictly forbidden plug-in is spreading the net!
Author: Message:
stephen_wq

Fireball!

– / Male / –
RE: IMPORTANT! Strictly forbidden plug-in is spreading the net!
Did you actually install it?!?!?!?!

Hasnt this whoel thread been about not installing it......
and hwy would you download a virus anyway? leave that to symantec
03-18-2005 05:50 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
segosa
Community's Choice

quote:
Originally posted by Purity
I'm scanning for viruses right now....my Norton auto protect was on when I tried installing the program...

This virus has covered everything. :|

like seriously, I stopped it from starting at startup and it fixes it back to enable on startup! F*** sakes! 

This is pissing me off soo much!:mad:

This is just the dumbest thing I've ever seen. You deserve this if you're so stupid to run it on your normal Windows installation. Seriously, what the fuck were you thinking?
The previous sentence is false. The following sentence is true.
03-18-2005 06:40 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Moo

RE: RE: IMPORTANT! Strictly forbidden plug-in is spreading the net!
quote:
Originally posted by Segosa
It just installs adware/spyware, and a shitload of it. (Internet Optimizer, etc..)

Exactly what it did here... didnt touch MSN though...
03-18-2005 06:55 AM
CraigDowel

quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
quote:
Originally posted by CraigDowel
No, Robert is true. His father is a GP in a village in NL... I found that it out.

http://www.huisartsen-laren.com/

there you are... The domain name was previously registered by Robert the Vries he is on the game :P for a long time..
how do you 'find out' that 'GP' is the father of Robert de Vries?????? Also Robert de Vries can be a very common name. You can't 'find out' such details (father/son/etc...) without a page where it clearly states and links all these together, and even then it can be someone with the same name...
quote:
Originally posted by CraigDowel
Jep, but that's just a start. He has built MSN Trojans previously
how do you know this?

Welll, quite a while ago, about 2 years, he made a trojan horse, and infected my sisters pc. I did some research, and I discovered that they even called him, but the google cache seems to be updated. BUT, google shows something nice: <link removed>

Now look at the third result, that's the Robert de Vries I'm talking about, he does exist.

Furthermore, he uses the nickname CrackerJack, and guess what google comes up with <link removed>

So, Robert de Vries seems to be CrackerJack, CrackerJack writes a trojan horse, which works like a proxy. He makes his trojan horse available for download.

And the prank Ab Decor, seems to own another domain name, on exactly the same address: <link removed>

He offers a file called webrebates, well, I've not yet tried to install it but I am quite sure that it contains spy or adware..

Do you still have any doubts? Well, call the GP. He's name is Roel de Vries, and lives in Laren. Compare GP site with the picturecentre site, both sucky html, both don't look good... And here is another detail, check the frames source!

<NOFRAMES>
Sorry, your browser doesn't seem to support frames! <br>
Proceed to <A href="<link removed>"><link removed></A> manually.

</NOFRAMES>

Well, doubtful now?

Edit: another scrap of evidence: <link removed>

Edit2: Guess what, <removed> seems to be an registered passport account, so maybe he uses it for his own msn....

This post was edited on 03-25-2005 at 03:36 PM by Tochjo.
03-18-2005 06:56 AM
jtstone1983

Want a Sandwhich?

40 / Male / –
Roll Eyes  RE: IMPORTANT! Strictly forbidden plug-in is spreading the net!
Ummm....If the plugin is strictly forbidden...then why did you post the link? Also if it were possible to shut someone's computer down via Messenger; and do all kinds of other things to their contact list, shouldn't someone be a little suspicious;

*psssttt* For future reference; "msntrojan supermsntrojan msn" appears at the top of the Title Bar in your Internet Browser :P

Common Sense People :P Just use Common sense, don't download anything that sounds too good to be true.

This post was edited on 03-25-2005 at 03:29 PM by Tochjo.
03-18-2005 08:18 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
segosa
Community's Choice

quote:
Originally posted by jtstone1983
Ummm....If the plugin is strictly forbidden...then why did you post the link? Also if it were possible to shut someone's computer down via Messenger; and do all kinds of other things to their contact list, shouldn't someone be a little suspicious;

*psssttt* For future reference; "msntrojan supermsntrojan msn" appears at the top of the Title Bar in your Internet Browser :P

Common Sense People :P Just use Common sense, don't download anything that sounds too good to be true.

It isn't even a trojan, just an ad/spyware installer.
The previous sentence is false. The following sentence is true.
03-18-2005 08:26 AM
user13774
Disabled Account

It's not stricly forbidden.. it's just a program that installs shitloads of mal-/ad-/spyware. But it's hosted from a Planet.nl homepage site, and that's against the Terms & Conditions of Planet.nl. They should delete his webspace (and maybe cancel his internet account, because if he has a planet.nl homepage site he also has planet.nl as ISP.
03-18-2005 08:26 AM
jtstone1983

Want a Sandwhich?

40 / Male / –
Still making a point though, just use common sense, anything with the word Hack and Take Over always leads to spyware and viruses...

Eventually it will be deleted, the same thing happened on the mess.be forums when somebody posted a direct link to updates.exe for Bropia;

Side Note: The Main link on the first post should be removed and renamed; this prevents complaints to Patchou, and pointless threads in the Help and Support section complaining about spyware that isn't related to Plus.

This post was edited on 03-18-2005 at 08:33 AM by jtstone1983.
03-18-2005 08:32 AM
jtstone1983

Want a Sandwhich?

40 / Male / –
quote:
Originally posted by Segosa
quote:
Originally posted by jtstone1983

It isn't even a trojan, just an ad/spyware installer.

Sadly, I was one of the people who downloaded it, my Anti-Virus and Anti-Spyware softwares went off the wall with alerts, It is a trojan (still unidentified) but it's mainly spyware. It's Identifing it as a trojan because it has same similarities as Bropia does...only without the dropping of random pictures and automatically spreading through Messenger. I have a working version of Spyware Doctor, and Spybot Search and Destroy (not running at the same time) but both work really well and have been updated.

This post was edited on 03-18-2005 at 08:41 AM by jtstone1983.
03-18-2005 08:38 AM
Chestah
Veteran Member

35 / Male / –
time to prun this thread ;)
Segosa is newb.
03-18-2005 08:39 AM
Pages: (8): « First « 1 2 3 [ 4 ] 5 6 7 8 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: