What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Tech Talk » Alternative to nero

Alternative to nero
Author: Message:
Dan0208

36 / Male / –
O.P. Alternative to nero
hey, just wondering if any of you could offer any advice.
I am looking for an alternative to nero, not for burning but the dvd creation.
I need a program that allows me to import video from my hard drive which in this case are in the form of tv episodes. Nero is great in being exactly what i want except for the fact it so slow with converting such formats as avi and mpeg to dvd quality playable in my dvd player. It also has a tendency to crash every now and again but often at important times such as following 10hrs of conversion or something.
so yea just wondering if there was an alternative that will do the same job as nero??
Also is there another or the same program that will allow video to be created in vcd format yet be burned to dvd rather than multiple cds. nero does not allow this as far as i know. and i want to be able to fit large amounts of video without it having to be converted to dvd quality which takes up more space.
Thanks
Daniel
[Image: wetpix%20sig.png]
03-15-2005 09:14 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Ahmad

@hmad

40 / Male / –
RE: Alternative to nero
sony video vegas

dvd workshop
03-15-2005 09:22 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
rix

34 / Male / Flag
Meaby you find something useful from here:
http://www.doom9.org/index.html?/guides.htm
Show Plus! your commitment - Support Plus!
:: Plus!'s Estonian community - http://foorum.msgpluslive.ee/ ::
03-15-2005 09:26 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
uberdosis

digital evil

37 / Male / –
http://www.burn4free.com/
[Image: skav.jpg]
03-15-2005 09:38 PM
SikStyles

DeathCult

34 / Male / Flag
can use Record Now but i think that prog sux
You're still breathing? Why?
Get off the cross, the wood is needed.
[Image: userbar.jpg]

03-15-2005 09:45 PM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
some things to clear up...

If you want the best of everything, you will need the best of everything. That means, Find a pogram to edit your video's, find a program to finilize your video's and find a program to burn the video's.

Nero is only the best in burning (as that is his main purpose, and the top number 1 in that if I may add). It is not meant to produce and finilize video's. True, it has some wizards and tools to do it, but that is not the main purpose of the program (Just like creating webpages with Word is possible, but not the main purpose).

quote:
Originally posted by Dan0208
nero does not allow this as far as i know. and i want to be able to fit large amounts of video without it having to be converted to dvd quality which takes up more space.
Nero burns stuff, it doesn't care about the format if you do it in raw mode (make sure your settings are correct; aka: don't use the limiting wizards, use the full interface)

But if you want to burn video's on a dvd and able to play them in a dvd player, you obviously need to burn it as a dvd standard, no matter what format they were in or with what burn program you do the job. If you don't do this, then obviously it will not be a "DVD".

quote:
Originally posted by Dan0208
Also is there another or the same program that will allow video to be created in vcd format yet be burned to dvd rather than multiple cds.
That's the same issue. If you want to create VCD video, then you need to have the video's converted to VCD format. And that can be "burned" (by any decent burn program like Nero) to any type of disc you want, including a DVD disc. But the DVD wouldn't be a "DVD" though, it would be a "VCD" only readable in DVD players (because a DVD disc needs another type of laser then a CD disc)

This post was edited on 03-15-2005 at 11:35 PM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
03-15-2005 11:33 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
.Roy
Veteran Member

20 / Male / –
dvd shrink is pretty good.

It lets u anylize to your computer and you can reauthor it so it has better graphics and take out uneeded stuff like dubs and subs. And it also burns it in the end of the process
03-17-2005 07:51 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: