What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » Contactlist Problems

Contactlist Problems
Author: Message:
Mathias

36 / Male / –
O.P. Undecided  Contactlist Problems
I've some problems.

I'll found the option better, that the colored nicknames can also played from a-z and not by theire e-mail adresses.

In addition none smilies read more in the Messenger 7 in nod indicated and with a friend even wrongly in the E-Mail addresses.
It me also instead of the pitch name the E-Mail addresses shown in the maintenance.

This post was edited on 03-18-2005 at 01:07 PM by Mathias.
03-18-2005 12:59 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: Contactlist Problems
quote:
Originally posted by Mathias
I'll found the option better, that the colored nicknames can also played from a-z and not by theire e-mail adresses.
That is impossible for now...

It is MSN Messenger itself that sorts the list. If you choose "View by display name", then the list is sorted on the screen names from your contacts. If you choose "View by email" then the list is sorted on the emails.

Now, Messenger Plus! needs an unique identifier so it can change the contact's name to the custom name you've set. This is done by looking at their email address and this means that the contactlist needs to have "View by email" set and thus MSN Messenger sorts it on the emails, even if you see custom names. There is nothing you can do about it.

quote:
In addition none smilies read more in the Messenger 7 in nod indicated and with a friend even wrongly in the E-Mail addresses.
It me also instead of the pitch name the E-Mail addresses shown in the maintenance.
I don't quite understand your next two questions. Can you rephrase them? If you have troubles with English, you may post it in your own language, and somebody will translate it for you.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
03-18-2005 02:39 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
RaceProUK
Elite Member

39 / Male / Flag
RE: Contactlist Problems
quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
quote:
I don't quite understand your next two questions. Can you rephrase them? If you have troubles with English, you may post it in your own language, and somebody will translate it for you.
Let me guess: emoticons don't show up when using Custom Names. That's because Messenger is set to 'View Contacts by E-Mail', and e-mail addresses don't have smilies in them, so Messenger won't show them.
[Image: spartaafk.png]
03-18-2005 02:51 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: